Question about 3 across Radians (HELP!)

klocke

I am expecting twins in late April/ early May and need to get a new vehicle like yesterday. Currently I have 3 kids in car seats (ages 2 - 5) so once the babies come it will be 5. I'm having a really hard time finding a vehicle in our price range (about 5K) that will seat the kids with car seats. So my question is if I shell out the money for 3 Radians for my older 3 will they fit 3 across in pretty much any minivan or no? I have had no luck finding any Siennas anywhere near our price range. And it is pretty hard to find a reliable running Suburban for that cheap as well. I can find tons of regular Grand Caravans and Town & Country's but I don't want to buy one and then not be able to fit the car seats in the 3rd row and I hate to buy the carseats before buying a vehicle. I plan on having the 3 big kids in the 3rd row and the babies in the middle row in their infant car seats. Ideas please I'm on a short time line and getting very frustrated.:eek:

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Often the back row of a minivan will NOT fit 3 Radians across the same direction-- but if you alternate directions (FF, RF, FF or RF, FF, RF) they often fit or sometimes you need 2 higher-profile seats with the Radian in the middle to puzzle together (or 2 Radians with 1 higher-profile seat.) It depends on the van though.

emars002

I just traded in my 2001 dodge caravan - I never tried 3 across the back but it looks like it would be tight - I would buy the 3 radians since they those are going to be your best bet in any vehicle and then take them with you to try in the cars you look at before you buy another vehicle:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC