Purchasing bench seat to replace captains chairs?

mommabritt

Is this okay? I drive a 2005 Nissan Quest and am interested in possibly trading out my captains chairs in the 2nd row for a three-seater bench seat with LATCH and TAs. I cant stand the single seats and Id like the option to kee all three kids in the center and maximize rear cargo space. Is this safe and how would I go about buying one?

Thanks! :)

ADS

April

No idea on the Nissan, but lots of us here have done it with our Ford Windstars.
Posted via Mobile Device

luckyclov

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm curious - how would you secure everything in the cargo space you want to maximize? That's a lotta open space, if you're planning on removing the 3rd row. :)

mommabritt

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm curious - how would you secure everything in the cargo space you want to maximize? That's a lotta open space, if you're planning on removing the 3rd row. :)

I know its a lot of space. I think the manufacturer sells netting type block offs that might be able to be retro-fitted? I havent thought a ton into it, I was just curious. Especially now that we found out we're moving across the country in 12 weeks. Im going to need space in the car for all the things that cant go with the moving truck....

A PP mentioned that the bench seats and captians chairs might not tranfer, that they mount differently, this would be an issue because Ive seen how they are set in and I dont think its compatible with a three seater bench...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC