Program Code R7C (Ford tether retrofit)

U

Unregistered

Can anyone help me. I have inherited a 1996 Ford F-350 diesel and I haven’t been able to find any latches for my sons booster seat. We cant use the seatbelt to secure it because we need that to go around him in front. I was searching google and found that ford may pay to have some installed? Or is it just a top tether?
Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You cannot have lower anchors retrofitted.

Are you using a booster seat (that positions the seatbelt on the child?) If so, you don't need lower anchors, it's just a convenience feature- instead just buckle the seat in when not occupied.

Mshastina

Hello, I just recently inherited a 1996 Ford F-350 diesel crew cab from my Father. I want to have the anchor installed on the back wall above my sons forward facing car seat. I found a dealership that will do it for free but I’m having a hard time finding the part. Can anyone give me any suggestions where to look? Thanks so much!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi! Do you know what model year? I have listings for 85-91, 96 and 97. All other years are listed as out of stock.

Meaganw

Hi MendyLu82 and welcome to car-seat.org. Posts by newly registered members are moderated prior to the newly registered account's approval by Admin, and access to posted file links is also restricted until a newly registered account is approved. Now that your account has been approved by Admin, which has happened in the meantime since you posted, you should be able to access the linked/attached .pdf file noted above regarding Ford top tether anchor retrofit program R7C. Here's another link to take you more directly to the .pdf file: http://www.car-seat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=19326&d=1357607813
Please also note that Ford program R7C is for retrofitting top tether anchors (meant to be used with a forward facing harnessed carseat installation to reduce head excursion) in pre-factory equipped, retrofittable Ford models, but not lower LATCH anchors which cannot be retrofitted.
I realize this is an ancient thread but is there any way I can get that pdf? I have tried accessing that link but I can't.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You shouldn't need the PDF- Ford can look it up by notice number. I'm not sure it's posted anywhere anymore. Ford corporate should be able to help you if you need a copy and don't have a LATCH Manual.

sloansies

Hi Admins, this is an old post, but we are looking at buying a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition, and wanted to know if we could still get a dealership to install the tether anchors. From reading this thread, we might be about 10 years too late, but if someone could give me the parts information from their hard copy manual, that would be really appreciated. I just registered on the site, so I'm waiting for admin approval (in order to view the pdf manual links that were posted). Thanks!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I was wondering if I could get the part number for a 1995 Ford Explorer please?
TIA

Hello, the part number I have for 1991-1999 Explorer is F17Z-78613D74-A. You should verify this with a Ford dealer if they can even obtain one. You may find someone with stock online or eBay.

skittles99

Old thread, but I’ve called Ford and spoken with the local dealership and both have no idea what I’m talking about.

Looking for the top tether part number for a 1995 Ford F-150. It’s a regular cab (2 doors with no backseat).

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I can't say for sure but you may be out of luck if neither Ford nor your dealer can point you in the right direction and if your manual has no information, either. Even if you could confirm the right part number for your specific trim, it's nearly impossible to find those parts any longer.

This is definitely a far from ideal vehicle to transport a child in a car seat and the lack of information for tethering does not help.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any other specific information for this vehicle. Older (possibly obsolete), unspecific information indicates that many Ford trucks of that era used part number E5TZ-15613D20-A that may require drilling into a pre-existing drill dimple/slot in the back wall.

Attachments

• 20230720_171805.jpg
    20230720_171805.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 1

skittles99

I can't say for sure but you may be out of luck if neither Ford nor your dealer can point you in the right direction and if your manual has no information, either. Even if you could confirm the right part number for your specific trim, it's nearly impossible to find those parts any longer.

This is definitely a far from ideal vehicle to transport a child in a car seat and the lack of information for tethering does not help.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any other specific information for this vehicle. Older (possibly obsolete), unspecific information indicates that many Ford trucks of that era used part number E5TZ-15613D20-A that may require drilling into a pre-existing drill dimple/slot in the back wall.

Thank you for your time spent looking into this.

Would your next best recommendation being finding a car seat (like Graco Extend2Fit) that does rear facing for longer? Then do that and transition to booster when it’s time?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thank you for your time spent looking into this.

Would your next best recommendation being finding a car seat (like Graco Extend2Fit) that does rear facing for longer? Then do that and transition to booster when it’s time?

Probably, yes, assuming there are no airbags or there is a working airbag disable switch to keep them off. I think my recommendation would also be to see a local child passenger safety technician for an evaluation of your options.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The link was likely broken when we migrated to a new forum; it doesn't work for me either.
You shouldn't need the PDF, though. They can look it up. If you have the part, or it's one of the few Ford still has in stock, dealerships are supposed to honor the installation request. I can give you the text of the bulletin in the LATCH Manual about how the work should be billed if for some reason they can't find the bulletin- or you can call corporate, which is sometimes helpful.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC