Problem with app

lourdes

So am I the only one having problems with the app? I have see it and reply but I can't make a new post from the iPhone but I don't have that problem with the iPad
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Me too! I have stopped making new threads from the app on my iPhone and only do them from the desktop site now. For me, the inability to make new threads started when I upgraded to an iPhone 6 from an iPhone 5. :-(

Keeyamah

If you aren't using Tapatalk, it's not surprising. The old app isn't being supported anymore. But I also quit being able to start new threads from my phone when I got a new iPhone 6.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Problem with iPhone 6 app

Lourdes started a thread in car seat chat about it, but I thought maybe I should post it here too...

We are both having difficulties with the app since upgrading to new iPhones. I know that, for me, when I try to start a new thread from the app, the screen freezes up on a page telling me to choose a thread prefix. Can't choose a prefix, can't write the post, nothing. Just totally frozen. I have to exit out of the app and, when I try to go back in immediately, it goes back to that frozen screen again. I have to wait awhile before it will just load the main start menu and let me read/reply to posts.

Hope it's something that can be fixed!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I posted something in the announcements, guidelines, feedback section if either of you want to add replies with more details of the problems you are having...

What is tapatalk?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The Car-Seat.Org app stopped being supported by its developer a few years ago. Recent iOS and Android updates are not fully compatible with it anymore, so I moved to Tapatalk about a year ago:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=271832

The current Tapatalk is very pretty and has a lot of features not found in the Car-Seat.Org app. It does have a different layout and appearance. I didn't care for it originally, but now that I am familiar with it, I like it better. Please give it a try! It is still fully supported by its developer so should continue to work for some time, even though the forum itself is on rather old software.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I merged the two threads but kind of bungled it, sorry! The redirect appeared here instead of the Carseat Chat forum:(

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's been months since I've been able to start a new thread from my phone. I think I still can from my iPad. The app still works well for pretty much everything else, so I still use it almost exclusively and just switch over to the browser when I need to start a thread.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC