Problem Swappers - Please Read before you Swap!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
It looks like that issue was from 2008, so likely long resolved or forever unresolved. This thread is supposed to be for the reporting of problem swappers, not for general dispute-solving information.

As per the original post, this thread is to be used to try to resolve disputes that have stalled in messages or emails, or to post about transactions that were not completed at all and the other party can no longer be reached or no longer responds.

If a transaction is completed but had issues of one sort or another, then iTrader feedback is the more appropriate place to report this. Feedback will generally be removed from this thread if a transaction is completed and it appears some cleanup is probably due.

ADS

Kel

Hi Ladies, I'm having a problem swap.
I traded my Julia GN for an Alma MR 6 weeks ago. I mailed my seat within a couple days. I'm STILL waiting for mine.

I traded with Haley.78

I've tried to be really nice about this, and I have gave her chance after chance to mail it before I reported this. I have been given several excuses for not sending it out, always with a promise to mail it soon. Last Wednesday she said she would send it on that Friday, and PM me a tracking #. I have not received the tracking # or a PM saying she sent the seat.

I've left a couple PM's asking weather she sent the seat or not, and she has not responded. She HAS been signed on though.

There's not much that can be done, but just wanted to let others know. I'm very disappointed, as this was my 1st trade here. My little one is almost 4mos old and this was to be her seat.

Anyway, at this point I don't expect to get the seat. If Haley does ever send it, I'll report back.

Thanks for reading, Kelley

Kel

Yes, thank you, I am speaking of that Haley. I seen she signed on earlier. I have left her several PM's {all nice} asking for a tracking # since Friday. I waited until after I seen she signed in to give her another chance to respond to my PM's to make this right.

I don't like "telling" on people, but after 6 weeks, I felt I had no choice.

Thanks for taking the time to look her up.

Kelley

Mags462

I love how she lists your nauti in her "about me" as well as the MR :mad:

So sorry mama - hope you eventually get your seat. And FYI just in case this never gets resolved - Target has MR on clearance for $56 if you can find one. ((hugs))

Kel

Thanks, I checked out target. Nothing. Our store carries very few seats. I'm looking into a few other seats though. I'm selling off a few things first.

Kelley

T4K

I wonder if she just doesn't have the cash to ship the seat? Still doesn't make it ok by any means but that could explain how he keeps putting it off and not getting it done.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. There are many lovely people on the board and many good trading experiences. :)

Kel

After that thread she PMed me saying she found someone to ship It for 35., And that It was on It's way. After a couple weeks she said It came BACK to her house, because It was to big for them to mail.

She then said she'd mail It right out, but after a couple more weeks nothing. She finally responded that she didn't have the money right then, but Promised to mail It LAST Friday and PM the tracking #. Now she's again quit responding. In my last PM to her I asked her to please just let me know weather she was planning on sending It or not.

On one hand I understand not having the funds to mail It. On the other, 6 weeks should be more than enough time to come up with It.

And after she didn't send It, I would have liked to have been contacted saying It would be another week or two or what ever. Just so I knew.

I've already PMed her 3 times since last week, but maybe I'll try once more. I've been extra nice about the whole thing with her. I really don't know what else to do. I might just let It go I guess.

Kelley

Kel

Thanks Judi. I'm going to leave 1 more PM and I let her know that.

I will also update to clear her name if I ever get the seat.

Kelley

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would not just "let it go," that would be theft. If she can't afford to ship you the seat, she can make a payment plan to pay you in installments either for the seat she was supposed to send, or the value of the seat you sent. Those would be the solutions I'd offer if she could not afford to ship it right now, and I'd expect $25 a month or whatever every month until it was paid off, starting now.

I agree that Greyhound is a great option if you both have stations relatively close by. I just had a 40+ lb. stroller in a huge box shipped to me in CA from MN and it cost $64.

Kel

Thanks everyone, I PMed her today.

I asked if we could work this out. Was It a money issue. Is there a time she felt she'd be able to pay to send the seat. And to please let me know. So we'll see.

I really felt that Haley is a nice person, that's the Vibe I got anyway, lol. I also felt she had intentions to send the seat. I'm trying to work with her, but since she's not contacting me...

Kelley

msg221

I hope you end up getting your seat and I'm sorry your first Swap experience turned out so badly.

Personally, I wouldn't even post anything on Swap if I knew I wasn't going to have the money to ship it out.

I don't think it would cost more than $35 to ship that seat via USPS, especially from KS to IL. In fact, before I listed a MR on Swap, I wanted to make sure I had a box it would fit in. I happened to have a U-Haul dish barrel box (which also fits a TF) and it did fit in there. I have shipped a TF in it before and it was around $32 to ship.

T4K

Kelley, I think you have been beyond patient and extremely sensitive in the way you've handled it. Obviously people fall on bad times but they shouldn't make dishonest judgement calls at the expense of others. If she needs to sell the Nauti you sent her on CL as a way to fund shipping, then so be it. I'm sorry that this was your first experience in swap.

Kel

She said she found someone to ship for 35. Even I little more wouldn't be bad.
I think It was a really equal trade to. I think the Julia GN I sent was a good trade for a Alma Graco MR.

All she'll be out is the money to ship It. If she don't I'm out a GN and the money I spent shipping It.

Disappointing. My {small}5 yr old waited every day for a couple weeks for it. She wanted to try it out first, lol.

Kelley

Kel

Well, Haley signed in again today at 4:05, and no response. So much for trying to work things out I guess...

Kelley

StillThankful

She said she found someone to ship for 35. Even I little more wouldn't be bad.
I think It was a really equal trade to. I think the Julia GN I sent was a good trade for a Alma Graco MR.

All she'll be out is the money to ship It. If she don't I'm out a GN and the money I spent shipping It.

Disappointing. My {small}5 yr old waited every day for a couple weeks for it. She wanted to try it out first, lol.

Kelley
Very disappointing:( I'm terribly sorry that your little one has waited 6 weeks for a seat that has never come. It's hard to explain to a child that grown ups don't follow through with promises. If I trusted her, I'd even send $20 to help with shipping but I'm not sure if she'd even ship it then to you:( If I could score a Sears GN for you, I would. I'll check Sears tomorrow.

oops...re-read your post. You want a MyRide :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC