Pics of Vivo and TB

glockchick

Anyone have any side by side pics?

DD has a TB she can ride in. Is the Vivo more supportive? I like the TB, but if the Vivo will be more supportive I'd rather have her in that.

ADS

babyherder

The Vivo has deeper headwings and sides. I have both but I'm not sure where the back to the tb is. If I find it this weekend I'll take pictures.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

I don't own a TB so I can't do I side by side but here are a couple shots of my 7yo ds in his Vivo.

426998_228885637198518_1649447816_n.jpg

423093_228885740531841_256445018_n.jpg

And here is a side shot of it in my '12 Durango.
DSC_0699.JPG

Last edited:

java

So random ot question but if he put his feet up on the vehicle seat...the part that is sticking out in front of the booster (like I know I would be tempted to do) would that make the lap belt ride up? I have no experience with boosters yet, it just made me think of that when I saw your pic.

momtoo3

Okay pics :):

Here is ds3 in the Vivo on the left and TB on the right, how he would normally sit and hold his head (a little forward of the back of the headrest)
DSC08147-1.jpg
DSC08156-2.jpg

And here he is with his head back, like it would be when he sleeps. You can see a difference on the Vivo but the TB head rest is so small in comparison that it is hard to tell.
DSC08149-1.jpg
DSC08160-1.jpg

And a side view so you can see how much more supportive the Vivo is.
DSC08150-1.jpg
DSC08155-1.jpg

Here they are side by side and back to back in the house. Both are in the same position he would use in my van in the side by side pic. The TB has the head rest all the way up and the Vivo has 2 more clicks. It looks like the TB is adjusted higher but it is because the TB sits higher than the Vivo. I lowered the headrest 1 click on the TB for the back to back pic so it would be easier to compare the two.
DSC08161-1.jpg
DSC08164-1-1.jpg

And then a view of the 2 from the side.
DSC08162-1.jpg

momtoo3

So random ot question but if he put his feet up on the vehicle seat...the part that is sticking out in front of the booster (like I know I would be tempted to do) would that make the lap belt ride up? I have no experience with boosters yet, it just made me think of that when I saw your pic.

Here is a side shot and front shot of ds3 putting his feet up on the seat in front of the Vivo. I have no idea if it is safe in a crash to be like that but if he does it I make him put them down. I can't imagine it would be good to have your knees near your face in a crash. The lap belt stays in decent position though.
DSC08152-1.jpg
DSC08154-1.jpg

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

Shannon, he's actually never tried to do that come to think of it. I would totally want to do it too, lol.

Here is a side shot and front shot of ds3 putting his feet up on the seat in front of the Vivo. I have no idea if it is safe in a crash to be like that but if he does it I make him put them down. I can't imagine it would be good to have your knees near your face in a crash. The lap belt stays in decent position though.

^WSS. Thanks! I could have dragged ds out and took a photo of him doing it too but I have been a little hermit crab today trying to stay in the safest room of my house with this earthquake swarm we are having is So Cal.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
When my kids start putting their feet up on the vehicle seat in front of them, I bring out the foot support. I like using light plastic bathroom foot stools, though I've also heard large priority boxes from the PO work well, or any other soft/light thing that you don't mind them putting their feet on (duffel bag full of beach towels?).
We loved our Vivo! Terrific for sleeping :).

aeormsby

I don't have any pictures of it in use (need to do that one of these days). But we love our Vivo also. DD does occasionally put her feet up on the seat in front of the booster, like PP's pictures showed, it really doesn't mess with the belt fit much because it's already so far down on the thighs. If we're doing a longer drive (usually for a camping trip) we always put a duffel bag at her feet and she's very comfy. Never had her come out of position when she's sleeping either.

momtoo3

I just have to add that I took those pictures at like 9 pm last night. This morning ds2 tells ds1 "I got to go outside at like midnight and play with carseats with mom in my pajamas and you didn't, hahahaha." The things that this kid finds entertaining.

glockchick

Thanks all. I tried her in every booster I have available this morning. The PW wouldn't let the belt retract so it's out. The Probooster fits her well but it's tippy and when she fell asleep in it the other day her head fell forward. I love the fit on her though. The TB fit her really well, allowed the belt to retract, and wasn't as tippy as the PB.

Soooooooo I let her ride in the TB to gymnastics this afternoon and she did really well. She fell asleep on the way back and stayed in position. She loves the girl's rock cover on the TB so I guess I'll let her ride in that until its no longer working.

Who said my baby girl could get big enough for a booster? :scratcheshead: :eek:

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

The Vivo doesn't have the same tipping problems as the ProBooster, at least not that I have found. I love the Vivo for sleeping. My son's head stays perfectly in position while he's sleeping. I haven't had the same luck with his converted Nautilus though. And in case anyone is wondering, the lap belt is perfectly across his hips in this photo. A combo of the angle of the photo, his clothing, and the reflection of the sun on the belt make the fit look really wonky. I checked him as soon as I took this photo. Crazy how deceptive photos can be!

414653_307423012678113_1728545055_o.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC