Pics of the Safety First Advance 70 Air Plus

JOII

I didnt see any posted yet, so I decided to take some when I saw it at target today.

Just initial thoughts, I didnt read the instructions or play with it fully.

It was way heavier than I thought, pretty cumbersome. Very cushy and well padded. The most recline position is almost flat, its crazy.

Upright

Most reclined

Back of seat. Red handle is where you adjust recline.

I dont know if other safety first seats are like this, but I like it. The black tab on the bottom left says instructions and they are placed just under the cover of the head wing (you can sort of see them)

This the the foam with the cells. It is very thick foam and the cells are very deep. It goes down the entire side and there is actually foam around the side of the cup holder and all the way to the bottom of the seat

The seat is very deep, but the crotch positions are pretty measly. It was very tight on my DD and although it was in the closest position, the front one is only about 1" further out and I dont think it would have helped enough to make it a good fit. (she is a average/small 3.5 year old girl)

Top harness position. Didnt seem all that high. Id say 16.5 or 17

Top position

Set up for DD RF, she hates having her picture taken :p Adjusting the headrest is slightly awkward cause the button is under the cover. I am used to it being visible. Though there is a tag that says pull here you kind of have to feel around for it. It different.

ADS

JOII

This sticker shows that there is no 1" rule for RF (sorry for blurry pic) and green color coded belt path:

Color coded blue for forward:

Both belt paths are very smooth plastic all the way to the inside of the seat, I like it because it seem like there wouldn't be many scraped knuckles when installing

nannykates

Did you notice what got bumped from your targets line up for this? Kinda like the nextfit bumped the marathon classic...

creideamh

OMG at the recline, lol! I like the belt paths a lot... but I really dislike big recliner-type car seats in general.

How much was it?

Kappy

Senior Community Member
I played around with one after my friend bought one for her six month old. The labeling is fantastic, and is color coded to the belt paths.

The top harness height is about average for a convertible, but the lowest setting would be great for an average newborn.

I tried my 1 month old in the seat and the harness was well below her shoulders in the lowest position and with the insert. My DD is fairly small.

Over all I'd say I'm impressed.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
OMG at the recline, lol! I like the belt paths a lot... but I really dislike big recliner-type car seats in general.

How much was it?

I agree, the big, bulky seats are odd to me. That recline is unreal!

The base reminds me of the Size 4 Me/My Size.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC