Pics of noobs in a new gen Britax

njkj

Does any on have pics of a noob in a new gen Britax WITH the foam insert?

I am asking bc I am thinking about getting DD a Radian and using her BV70 for the baby. I of course have 7 more months to think about but it's on my mind right now lol.

ADS

Spam

Is the foam insert the same as the one that comes with the chaperone? I can get one with that, although E isn't tiny if you're expecting a 6lber it probably wouldn't be much help.

njkj

I would love to see the pics. Both kiddos were 7.7 and 21 inches at birth so I suspect #3 won't be to much different.

autumnlily

The insert is different. The convertible foam for noobs is wider than the Chaperone infant foam. I haven't done a complete side by side comparison though... other than that, from what I can recall, they are very similar.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Britax rep told me a year ago that it would raise the child up to make the bottom harness slots approximately 7" so I would expect a full term newborn to fit fine. The Chaperone foam also changes the interior angle of the seat, so if the foam for the blvd etc does that as well, then I suspect it is a very viable alternative.

MommyShannon

I'm not sure how to link from here, but I asked this in a thread called Pics of newborn in RA55? Somebody posted a review that compared the 55 with and without the insert that was helpful.

Stelvis

Here's DD with the insert in the BLVD 70 at a few days old. 7 lb 7 oz and 20.5" at birth. You can't tell from the picture but the straps are coming from about 3/4" below her shoulders.

The insert also increases the recline by about 10 degrees from the external recline. It makes the bottom harness position about 7".

I really like it a lot!

IMG_0719.jpg

Stelvis

eyeslkethesky5391 said:
gosh she is cute...I love the Paisley cover and the fit is so good.

Thanks! I think the fit is excellent too. Obviously I had to remove the HUGS to get it tight enough, which I'm not sure if they mention in the manual. There is no sideways head slump either because of the internal recline being close to 50 degrees (it's installed with the line level to the ground). I like her better in this than the Coccoro, actually.

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
This picture is adorable! We're hoping to have a baby sometime in 2013. I just bought the paisley cover since it's the first cover I've liked in a long time and they're starting to become rare. I'll just sit on the cover and buy the seat when I'm actually pregnant. ;)

Stelvis

cookie123 said:
I love that cover. How's the harness adjuster, smooth as claimed? Is it buried or not?

Yes, it seems smooth to me. It's a little buried, but not hard once you get used to it, and the benefit is that a two year old couldn't reach down and loosen it while strapped in, which I think I've read was an issue with earlier models?

Stelvis

aunt83me02 said:
This picture is adorable! We're hoping to have a baby sometime in 2013. I just bought the paisley cover since it's the first cover I've liked in a long time and they're starting to become rare. I'll just sit on the cover and buy the seat when I'm actually pregnant. ;)

I love the fabric, too. It's sturdy but really comfortable, sort of denimy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC