Photos: Newborn in Coccoro

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Thought I'd share a couple photos of my baby in a Coccoro.

First, here she is at 2 weeks, 8 lbs:

0409091546.jpg

Sorry the photo is sort of awful--I took it with my phone.

Here she is at 5 weeks, 12 lbs:

IMGP2640.jpg

IMGP2639.jpg

Maybe it's the novelty of it (we've only used it on one outing so far), but I really like this seat. My only complaint is that I really have to make sure the straps don't slide off her shoulders while I'm tightening them.

I'm thinking of moving the seat from our backup car into my primary. :love:

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
She is precious! Do you find it annoying to maneuver her around the shoulder belt that is routed behind the seat? I really like the looks of the seat, but i'm wondering how much that would bother me.

J-max

CPST Instructor
She is precious! Do you find it annoying to maneuver her around the shoulder belt that is routed behind the seat? I really like the looks of the seat, but i'm wondering how much that would bother me.
I was wondering the samething?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
She's five weeks old? How can that be, you had her yesterday? :confused:

I know! And she's actually SIX weeks now! (The photos are from a few days ago.)

No, it's not really a problem, because there's enough slack in the belt that I can sort of push it down and out of the way without it locking. That won't necessarily be the case in all cars, though.

I have also tried lifting her over it and scooting her under it, and both are fine.

If she were in the center, it also wouldn't be a problem because I could just load her from the other side, but I have DS there.

That's installed in a Pilot, where I have to lift her up a little anyway. I'm hoping to put it in our Prius tomorrow, and I suspect I'll be able to just set her down over the belt in that, since the car is a lot lower.

Like I said, I haven't used the seat much, so at some point it might get annoying. If it does, I'll either just deal with it or use the routing that doesn't put the belt around the back.

daniele_ut

So cute! I love that she is sleeping in all the pictures! That speaks volumes to me about the comfort of the seat. DS did nothing but cry in his SnugRide and DD was much happier in her KeyFit, but the padding in the Cocorro is like a cocoon!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks for all the compliments :love:

I just wanted to add that I installed in the Prius today, and getting her in and out was a breeze! As I suspected, the seatbelt was completely irrelevant to the process since I could just plop her down into the seat.

U

Unregistered1

OP- what a precious little one :) Looks great in that seat!

Hey- do you happen to have a Nautilus that you could try installing next to the coccoro for me? If not that's fine, just trying to figure out what I'm gonna do when this baby gets here!!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey- do you happen to have a Nautilus that you could try installing next to the coccoro for me? If not that's fine, just trying to figure out what I'm gonna do when this baby gets here!!

That's a Nautilus next to it in the third pic. ;) That's in the Pilot, so there's a ton of side-to-side room, but I imagine it would fit nicely next to it in pretty much anything. It's next to the Regent in our Prius.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC