Peg Perogo Aria MT- need a compatabile car seat

W

waxio

I purchased this stroller after reading that it has a universal car seat strap but since then I was told that it is only compatable with the expensive perogo car seat.
Can anyone tell me if any of the popular more reasonablly priced seats from Graco or Britax will fit in the stroller.
Our baby is due in 6 weeks so I figure its time I got this carseat thing wrapped up.
Thanks

ADS

lovinwaves

HI waxio,

I just read on this site that you can buy an universal adaptor strap (to attach other manufacturer's car seats). Here is the link.

http://www.babysaurus.com/perego06/aria.htm

I am also in the process of picking out a new stroller. What do you think of this one. Does it have the "ride Plate" on the back of it for an older toddler if they want to hitch a ride?

lovinwaves

I just talked to a guy at stollerworld and he said that adaptor strap comes with the stroller. He also said there is a ride plate but I don't see it in the pictures.

lovinwaves

After further investigating this it looks like the strap that comes with your stroller is for any other kind of carseat besides Peg. But, what's weird is you HAVE TO BUY a special attachment to use a Peg seat with it. That's strange you would have to buy something for a peg, but they give you a strap to use for any other kind of seat? Am I understanding that correctly?

I just read a bunch of reviews on this stroller, and I am no longer interested it. Not one person had a lot of good things to say about. I am still going to take it for a test drive, but it will probably get scratched off my list. dang...:(

W

waxio

Thanks for the info. I'm a newbie with all things baby so feel like I'm wading through mud at times with all this information and choices.
You don't need any accessories for the Peg carseat- it just clicks right in via the ganciomatic system. But its over 200 bucks for a seat you'll use for 1 year tops.
I've read about the universal strap but not sure where it would be. Other than the 5 point harness I don't see any other straps at the front of the stroller. The instructions don't make any reference to the strap.
Maybe the harness double as the strap for the seat. I think I will just take it to a store and try fitting a car seat on it
BTW I read really good reviews on Amazon I think.
Its really light, closes and opens with a quick click.
I guess I won't know how good it is until I put the baby in it!

lovinwaves

Thanks for the info. I'm a newbie with all things baby so feel like I'm wading through mud at times with all this information and choices.
You don't need any accessories for the Peg carseat- it just clicks right in via the ganciomatic system. But its over 200 bucks for a seat you'll use for 1 year tops.
I've read about the universal strap but not sure where it would be. Other than the 5 point harness I don't see any other straps at the front of the stroller. The instructions don't make any reference to the strap.
Maybe the harness double as the strap for the seat. I think I will just take it to a store and try fitting a car seat on it
BTW I read really good reviews on Amazon I think.
Its really light, closes and opens with a quick click.
I guess I won't know how good it is until I put the baby in it!

Well, you have come to a great place to learn about baby stroller, gear, and carseats. Glad to hear you like your stroller. I am going to have to actually put my kids in it and drive it around to see how well I like it. I have seen people give very poor reviews on Britax carseats, and I wonder???? Anyhoo hope it works great for you!!

I would try calling Peg-Perego on Monday. One of their customer service reps I'm sure could help you out on the "strap" issue.

Yoshi

The Aria does not have a rider board for another child to stand on. PLUS, it sits very low to the ground and because it is so lightweight, it has gotten reviews that it is hard to push with an actual child in it. The universal carseat strap you are referring to is usually GRAY in color and is enclosed in a bag with the instuctions, manual, etc. if you have purchased it new, it should be in there. It is NOT attached to the seat when you buy it. I have tested the Aria, and it is kind of very little stroller for the money.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC