Paypal Subscription Payment Issues

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
If you have any issue with a forum subscription payment being rejected or otherwise failing to process, please post here or PM me. Paypal apparently made a change that has affected some older versions of the forum software, including this one. So far, I have not seen any indication of problems with transactions, but there is a possible fix if this happens in the future.

ADS

jordansmom

I may have had a problem along those lines...

I received an email that my subscription was due to expire and almost immediately got an email from Paypal saying a subscription was purchased. I don't think I have it set to renew automatically, but its quite possible. I looked under my User CP, but didn't see anything. Where would I look to see I have it set to renew automatically or change that option?

Thanks!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
You can only see if you have a recurring subscription in your Paypal account, as far as I know. I just checked the forum paypal account and it does show receipt of your payment and indicated that it was a recurring subscription. The forum software did not extend your subscription, though. This is the exact problem that would be caused by this issue, so apparently it may only apply to recurring subscriptions and not single payments. Supposedly this change at Paypal didn't take place until October 7th, which was after your payment, but perhaps that information was incorrect. A couple others processed correctly after yours, but they appeared to be one-time payments.

I am manually updating your forum account and adding an extra month for the missing time. Sorry!

jordansmom

You can only see if you have a recurring subscription in your Paypal account, as far as I know. I just checked the forum paypal account and it does show receipt of your payment and indicated that it was a recurring subscription. The forum software did not extend your subscription, though. This is the exact problem that would be caused by this issue, so apparently it may only apply to recurring subscriptions and not single payments. Supposedly this change at Paypal didn't take place until October 7th, which was after your payment, but perhaps that information was incorrect. A couple others processed correctly after yours, but they appeared to be one-time payments.

I am manually updating your forum account and adding an extra month for the missing time. Sorry!

I'm glad you started this thread, otherwise I would have never known! Thank you! Is there anything I need to do going forward?

ETA: I just went to Paypal and cancelled the automatic aspect of it...hopefully I did it correctly!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I'm glad you started this thread, otherwise I would have never known! Thank you! Is there anything I need to do going forward?

ETA: I just went to Paypal and cancelled the automatic aspect of it...hopefully I did it correctly!

Nope, nothing at all. I will implement the fix at the next maintenance time and hopefully that will take care of it!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm not set for recurring but Paypal indicated my payment went through (I got the email and paid manually.) Did it?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Bump.

Just a reminder that Car-Seat.Org never accepts or stores any PayPal information. As such, if you opted for a preapproved payment to automatically renew your subscription, this cannot be cancelled from Car-Seat.Org. You must login to Paypal to cancel these automatic payments.

I do suggest that you do periodically check your Paypal account periodically to inspect your recurring subscription payments:

Paypal account -> My Account tab -> Profile Link -> My money tab -> My Preapproved Payments link

Car-Seat.org no longer accepts Paypal preapproved payments for automatic renewals and cannot in any way take money from your Paypal account. If you previously purchased a subscription and opted for automatic renewals, then these payments were preapproved within your PayPal account at that time.

If this is the case and you no longer want to automatically renew, you must cancel them manually by logging into Paypal. I am happy to refund an automatically renewed/preapproved subscription payment made within the last 60 days if you have not actively used your account.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Bump. There are still a few with automatic renewing payments. Due to issues with Paypal, I suggest that ALL members cancel their recurring subscription renewals.

While I greatly appreciate your support, I want to make sure everyone's subscriptions are updated correctly, because Paypal's system no longer reports correctly in some cases. Plus, subscription rates have dropped so the current rates are lower than when we allowed automatic renewals.

PLEASE take the time to check your Preapproved Payments in your Paypal account. Car-Seat.Org does not have access to your Paypal account, so you cannot cancel automatic renewals from your Car-Seat.Org user control panel! Login to your paypal account directly and navigate to Settings->Money->Preapproved Payments or this link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_manage-paylist

If you have not been an active member since your last automatic preapproved subscription renewal, please send me a private message or email. I can refund the entire amount for inactive members (usually for up to 180 days depending on Paypal's system) if you simply forgot to cancel the automatic renewal that you setup. I can only refund the most recent payment within 180 days. You will need to cancel future payments from within your Paypal account.

If you renewed automatically and believe your Car-Seat.Org forum subscription was not extended correctly, please let me know so I can look into this! I will make sure your subscription is extended correctly and add extra time for your inconvenience.

Please, please DO NOT start a Paypal dispute before contacting me. Once you file a dispute, it takes away by "Refund" button and we have to proceed through the entire process. Simply contact me first and if you haven't been active, I am happy to refund any unused automatic renewing subscription payment within the last 180 days, the time Paypal now allows me to refund a purchase.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC