Paul Frank FOONFS!!! EEEK

T4K

Just tell her she gets to sit on that monkey! Squash him!

And I have mad love for that monkey! I even have a beach cruiser with him on it! Every single time we pass it in the garage N makes monkey sounds. Maybe I'll rethink the whole "my current seats are adequate" thing.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm all for the patterns! Just not the freaky-eyed monkey. :p

Sigh. You and Maggie.

I tried to convince her she REALLY WANTED a Paul Frank when we get a Foonf. She insisted that she will NOT sit in a car seat with EYES. I tried to say the sunglasses are hiding the eyes but she says that she knows what's behind them.

Little Ps Mama

Sigh. You and Maggie.

I tried to convince her she REALLY WANTED a Paul Frank when we get a Foonf. She insisted that she will NOT sit in a car seat with EYES. I tried to say the sunglasses are hiding the eyes but she says that she knows what's behind them.[/i]

:ROTFLMAO: Smart girl! :D

Ninetales

I don't want the Paul frank patterns but I wish there was some way I could afford a Foonf. Now that we need to pay out of pocket for J's upper GI tomorrow I can't even afford a Radian now. With Elsa creeping closer to 40 lbs I feel like I'd do anything for one of these. :(

HaileysMommy

I don't even know what the deal with Paul Frank is...like who is this monkey and why is he on everything? I think stuff with that monkey on it is ugly so the seat is disappointing in that aspect. Good thing I want a pink one lol

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The monkey is Julius. Lots of brands have a mascot. ;) I like Julius. So does Emma. But hey, not everyone likes Winnie the Pooh, or Mickey Mouse... and that's cool too. :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ketchupqueen said:
The monkey is Julius. Lots of brands have a mascot. ;) I like Julius. So does Emma. But hey, not everyone likes Winnie the Pooh, or Mickey Mouse... and that's cool too. :)

So is he on anything else? Because Mickey and Pooh are from other known places. Is Clek the only one using Julius?

And I like him too. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

monica-m

CPST Instructor
And it has features in it that no other brand has. Having touched the seat and played with it a little, I can say it's definitely worth the price tag in my opinion. If I had need of a rf'ing seat, this is what I'd be buying. Not to mention that the company is honest and reasonable in how they communicate information.

I don't know if it's been said on the boards yet or not, but they're also going to be releasing their crash test data on the seat. :thumbsup:
:yeahthatlove:
I blogged about how they would be releasing the data. I was so impressed with Chris and his knowledge and willingness to answer every single little question we had about the seat. I don't think there is another seat manufacturer out there who has a company owner who is so knowledgeable about their products and willing to take the time that Chris has taken meeting with so many of us.

So is he on anything else? Because Mickey and Pooh are from other known places. Is Clek the only one using Julius?

There is Paul Frank clothing/shoes as well as other products with the monkey. DS has PF shirts and socks. I :love: the monkey.

agave

If I win the lottery and my kids want one and they agree to RF to 6 or to the max I might buy a couple.

canadiangie

Dd has some PF stuff. There's a monkey, I dunno if it's Julius, but there's a monkey.

I think the monkey is funky. :cool:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

There are books, and toys. He was originally created for the clothing line. There are birthday supplies, home decor (pillows and such) etc.

I suppose there are better analogs than Winnie the Pooh, but Mickey I think is pretty good- Disney creation, became symbol of the Disney brand. Julius is the symbol of the Paul Frank brand.

Kac said:
I still can't wrap my head around the price tag.

glad I'm not alone on that LOL. Maybe I'll be more in love with it after I hear some reviews, which I'm sure will be all 5-star ratings :p

Kayden - 2.5 RF BLVD 65 & RF Truefit Layla- 6 FF BLVD 65 CS & HBTB

Lenae

I usually like all things girly and pink, but I *much* prefer the Julius stripe to the heart shades. I just can't bring myself to like the heart shades. But in general, I like the monkey.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
There are some Julius slippers at Target right now :)

I actually despise all things monkey, except for sock monkeys (which I :love:) and, by extension, Paul Frank monkeys, because I've always assumed they're sock monkeys.

I want the lime green oobr though.

canadiangie

I actually despise all things monkey, except for sock monkeys (which I :love:) and, by extension, Paul Frank monkeys, because I've always assumed they're sock monkeys.

I'm digging that green, too. :love:

April

I don't want the Paul frank patterns but I wish there was some way I could afford a Foonf. Now that we need to pay out of pocket for J's upper GI tomorrow I can't even afford a Radian now. With Elsa creeping closer to 40 lbs I feel like I'd do anything for one of these. :(

Tech discount helps a little. ;)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
April said:
Tech discount helps a little. ;)

We'll probably have to wait several months for the tech discount, though, and therein lies the conundrum: hold out for a better price, or get it NOW?????!?!??!! (Well, not now, but you know.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Julius is kinda sock monkey-ish. :)

You know the green isn't lime, though, right? It's more of a... light avocado.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC