Ozzi or santa fe?

Baylor

Do you have a preference? I need a latchable NBB for my car. To me the Santa fe looks more comfy and has cup holders..

Ds1 is out growing the Literider. He is not comfortable in it. I don't mind spending a little more on a NBB because I have the other little guy too.

Just looking at them both, I am not sure.

If your kids have a preference, Id be happy to hear it!

ADS

VoodooChile

Curious to see the answers people give, since those are the 2 that I'm considering for dd when she goes to a nbb full-time.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My kids never liked the Olli/Ozzi (well, the leopard print and tall armrests made it likeable to my 8 yo dd). The lack of leg support always had them with their heels up on the seat cushion, knees in front of their faces. Our trusty footstool probably would have helped, but the Olli was the most dramatic 'knee in the face' scene I've ever had, lol.

Baylor

It looks like a sharp drop where the santa fe looks like it has more support..

Thank you!!

Phineasmama

My kids never liked the Olli/Ozzi (well, the leopard print and tall armrests made it likeable to my 8 yo dd). The lack of leg support always had them with their heels up on the seat cushion, knees in front of their faces. Our trusty footstool probably would have helped, but the Olli was the most dramatic 'knee in the face' scene I've ever had, lol.

This is exactly what my DD did when I put her in the Oobr! I was going to say if it's the same seat depth as the Oobr I would go with the Santa Fe instead :eek:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Piper found the Olli comfy, moreso than the Parkway SG at the time, but the Parkway was a high back. She loves her Santa Fe (well, backless Monterey, same thing). Not sure which she'd choose. Probably the Santa Fe because of the cupholders.

Wendy

NVMBR02

We have two Clek Ollies and one Sante Fe (actually backless Monterey) and both y kids prefer the Ollie. My 8 year old is rather leggy. I think it has to do with how the seats of your car are shaped if the Clek boosters are comfortable.

I don't think I have ever heard one of the kids say the Monterey is uncomfortable though, so it is probably a safe bet if you are concerned about leg support.

careynj

I wouldn't get the Ozzi if you have exposed latch anchors. My niece doesn't like that there is a space at the back of her booster.

canadiangie

I hope we see a gen 2 Clek booster with a deeper seat pan. I reeeeeally want a Clek booster, but my kids are all legs. I just can't chance spending so much and have them tell me they prefer the TB laying in the garage, yk?

Bay, I'd go SanteFe, personally.

Baylor

canadiangie said:
I hope we see a gen 2 Clek booster with a deeper seat pan. I reeeeeally want a Clek booster, but my kids are all legs. I just can't chance spending so much and have them tell me they prefer the TB laying in the garage, yk?

Bay, I'd go SanteFe, personally.

Thanks. I just ordered it. :)

auto correct hates me

Baylor

Got the Santa Fe today... I am so glad I picked it. It is cushy!! Pretty seat!

If anyone needs comparisons with Literider let me know!

B21DE7E8-7824-4688-B93F-7399D0EDF553-3284-00000382D5418612.jpg

ETA: THANKS for all the recommendations.. I just put it out in the car and ds is going to be so much happier! It is so much bigger for him!! And it has cup holders!! Can't wait to pick him up!

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

the monterey is a LOT deeper... now Jeffrey thought both were equal, but for a leggy kid (he was more average), I would definitely go for the santa fe.

luckyclov

We have both.

Well, we have an Ozzi (and an Olli) and a backless Monterey, which is, essentially, a Santa Fe. My 10 year old says he likes them all (even though the cleks have less seat depth/leg support), but he prefers the cleks because they seem more "mature" (his word :rolleyes:) and he'd rather cart those around vs. the backless Monterey. The cleks do sit up a bit higher than the backless Monterey, which, in a vehicle with fixed head support, may raise the ears over sooner rather than later.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC