Out of the loop--any other narrow seats?

arly1983

There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of narrow seats out there. I really never know whats going to work until I try it. What should work, doesn't; and what you think wouldn't, does.

I did find the Pria to be narrower than the classic marathon but my DS2 had the same amount of room as the classic ma.

I am really sick of my set-up, too. I have my 6.5 yr old DD in a backless (hilarious because she can fit into any highback by height and weight) so that there is enough room for a bigger backless for DS1. DS2 is in a sk radian with only 3/4 in to the top slots.

I had DS1 in the front seat with me for a couple of days and that was completely awful. He just couldn't keep his hands away from the buttons. ;)

My boys are only getting bigger and I told DH that we needed a bigger car by this summer. He will take my terrain after we move since he will be much closer to work and can stay under the lease mileage then.

ADS

momtoo3

A MyRide will most likely fit in the middle of 2 boosters. In the back of dh's Malibu we have nbb/MR/Monterey. The MyRide sits up so high that the boosters fit perfectly under sides/cup holders. I think the top slots are 17 or 17.5 inches. Let me see if I still have the pictures in photobucket. Okay, I found the ones of the MR and HBTB. Obviously it has a little more room than the Monterey for buckling but both are doable. Oh, and the MR is the only seat to make a 3 across work in the Malibu. Not even a Radian fits in the middle and allows the boosters to fit. I can get a MA70 in that spot too but it makes it really hard to buckle the boosters. The base on the MR is only 11 inches.

DSC07300-1.jpg
DSC07302-1.jpg

DSC07303-1.jpg
DSC07306-1.jpg

DSC07305-1.jpg
DSC07300.jpg

Phineasmama

I was thinking about replacing one of my seats with a MR...since the base looks so much slimmer! I still want a dang foonf though. And I have one RFer, one harnessed FFer and one boostered FFer so it's kind of difficult.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I looked at the MR last night and was wondering if anything would fit under the sides. It's just so huge. I might buy one and try it, though.

mom2juliarose

I looked at the MR last night and was wondering if anything would fit under the sides. It's just so huge. I might buy one and try it, though.

I have a RFing MR puzzled next to a HBTB on one side and it really does puzzle nicely. I could also put a TB on the other side (I have a 2nd generation Honda CRV and DH has a 1st generation CRV for car size reference). The 2nd side would be tougher to buckle but only due to the fact that the female end of the passenger side seatbelt and the place where the center seat shoulder belt connects to the lap belt portion (if that makes sense) comes out of the same slot.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The MR's size is deceptive. I've been saying for years that it's an awesome puzzling seat! ;) At 11" on the base, the 4" it overhangs isn't really that big of a deal and works well for buckling boosters, sliding other seats under, etc. If it doesn't work FF it may work RF, which would give you more options.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm 99.9% sure I've tried a MR and it didn't work, actually. I've had 4 kids in my car a couple of times and my friend's DD has a MR, and I think I tried MR/Radian/Dreamtime and it was a no-go. I don't know that I tried it with two boosters since I needed two harnessed seats back there. The Radian can't go outboard.

arly1983

FFing MR did work in the middle of my 3-across (dreamtime/turbo and cruz on either side)...sadly, my DS2 had outgrown it by height. :( It was a perfect fit, too! I probably could have fit some other boosters there but I didn't have any others to try.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Ah, yes, that nifty trick works best with the MR in the middle! If the RN doesn't work outboard that changes things. ETA: just re-read the thread and you're on to boosters... I would definitely try the MR center, both directions, before giving up.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The black Foonf is back in stock on Amazon with free shipping, so one is on it's way to my house :love:

Phineasmama

I posted about them being back on amazon several days ago :p I hope it works out for you! I was waiting for amazon too because I wasn't about to drop $500 on something I couldn't return :0
They had blue moon last week but it seems like it sold out pretty fast. On Friday the snow berry and drift came back in stock and had 15 each. I'm kind of surprised at how fast they are selling for such an expensive seat!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I posted about them being back on amazon several days ago :p I hope it works out for you! I was waiting for amazon too because I wasn't about to drop $500 on something I couldn't return :0
They had blue moon last week but it seems like it sold out pretty fast. On Friday the snow berry and drift came back in stock and had 15 each. I'm kind of surprised at how fast they are selling for such an expensive seat!

Yeah, but they were gone every time I checked. :rolleyes:

Phineasmama

Yeah, but they were gone every time I checked. :rolleyes:

Huh, that's weird! They've been showing up consistently for me since Friday. I was checking every day to see if more would come back in stock haha...I might have been a little obsessed. Just wish the Paul Frank covers had come out at the same time.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Huh, that's weird! They've been showing up consistently for me since Friday. I was checking every day to see if more would come back in stock haha...I might have been a little obsessed. Just wish the Paul Frank covers had come out at the same time.

I haven't looked between Wednesday and last night. I work nights, 7 on/7 off and my schedule is wacky :cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC