Our new Combi Dakota vs. Turbo (photos)

Michi

We got our new Combi Dakota today!

DD likes it, but she did comment that it is 'squishier' (narrower) in the back than the Turbo. (She has an older version of the Turbo, though...the newer Turbos are narrow in the back, too.)

I was pretty impressed. It's a very nice seat!
Side by side with the Turbo:
IMG_3322a.jpg
IMG_3326a.jpg

DD sitting in both
IMG_3323a.jpg
IMG_3324a.jpg

In the van
IMG_3329a-1.jpg

(And just for a reference - DD is 11 yrs old, and about 78 lbs (not sure on height :eek:)

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Thanks for posting these comparision pics.:D The Dakota is next on my list to get for DS1. He is starting to get cramped a bit in the Turbo and I would like to get something that would be more comfortable. Is there more padding in the Dakota than the Turbo?

Michi

Is there more padding in the Dakota than the Turbo?

Compared to our Tubro it has more, but we have an older Turbo (it expires in 2 months) and on our turbo there is no foam at all...just a cover on top of plastic....so it's hard to say.

The Combi has a piece of comfort foam under the cover.

There are a few different styles of Turbos out there...I think it would have more padding than this one
I think the Combi would be comparable to a newer Turbo like this one
http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Backles...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1245891008&sr=8-2

I think the Combi would be comparable to a newer Turbo like these ones
http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Backles...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1245891008&sr=8-2

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's curvy and rounded and has more foam than a basic Turbo (the gracopedic model might be similar, but still not as curvy and bum conforming ;))
http://picasaweb.google.com/joolsta...key=Gv1sRgCJzt8NeYtcGZ2AE#5327569227129584482
DD1 declared the Dakota to be THE most comfy booster, ever, even better than the Clek.

I remember that Liberty cover, Michi...I forget the name of my blue cover, but back when they first came out, it had the most padding in it, more than that cute Liberty cover, so I didn't mind having a boring seat (and it was only quite soon after those that they extended the seat depth, darn it... but my kids used it up till age 9 without griping in Grandma's car :thumbsup:)

Michi

I remember that Liberty cover, Michi...I forget the name of my blue cover, but back when they first came out, it had the most padding in it, more than that cute Liberty cover, so I didn't mind having a boring seat (and it was only quite soon after those that they extended the seat depth, darn it... but my kids used it up till age 9 without griping in Grandma's car :thumbsup:)

That's funny.

We have 2 Liberty Turbos (they actually have backs, but Dd is too tall so I took her's off.) They were my big "Black Friday" deal one year, and I got them for $20 a piece! I was so excited - lol. (Unfortunately - at the time I bought them...I put my 3 yr old DS into one, because he had outgrown his Comfortsport. .:eek: )

MOM25BOYS

Thanks.:) DS has the newer version of the TB that I picked up at Target (orange/silver) and it has more padding than my older TB's. I was thinking if the Dakota wasn't much wider than the TB I could get him one for our trip to the coast later this summer. Does the Dakota take up much more room than the TB?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC