Our Maestro came.

love-pink

Our UPS was unusually early today. I was thrilled until DS brought the box in :thumbsdown: Its dented in and ripped on the one side.

2E7B70A4-D64C-41FE-8D19-D7FB16D14AE2-2750-0000014BC69F7701.jpg

7F2A193A-7DA4-4BC1-8A8C-90BCE645B258-2750-0000014B7AC3E95E.jpg

Everything looks okay on the seat, but what are y'alls thoughts? Should I ask for a replacement??

On a good note I think a couple things were changed and the DOM is 2/8/12!! I had a Maestro last winter and returned it a day later because of how twisty the straps were. The straps are now thicker and stiff, better than the GN straps imo. I was really worried about putting this seat in DHs truck and him twisting everything up. Problem solved :love: I tried twisting them in the buckles and I cant get them twisted.

I also noticed what I think are different adjusters on the latch and tether straps.
EE976995-CC73-4A3C-932A-7A4294147EAC-2750-0000014B8E9058AE.jpg

I dont think our older one had the thick rubber casing on the back.
5D7942CB-286A-4802-93AD-FE305E25B02D-2750-0000014BAF697FDD.jpg

Maybe I just didnt notice these details on the older one I had but the thick, stiffer straps are enough to make me happy!! :love:

DD couldnt resist trying it out :D
CB1AD9FE-A2C8-4724-AF7A-B92BE40757E6-2750-0000014BE0273045.jpg

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
After the checked seat thread discussion, I'd be wary, lol. That's pretty chewed up... The flap was open on top like that?

MAJ

I'm so glad you posted this -- I was just looking at this exact seat online today! I love the pink trim! Glad to know the straps aren't too twisty. I may have to purchase this. :)

Brianna

When did she grow all that hair?!

I wouldn't have a problem with that box as long as I couldn't find any stress marks on the seat itself.

Baylor

I would not think twice about using it if you inspected it.

This is just my point in the other thread..

She is a cutie!

love-pink

We kept it ;) I checked it over a few different times and could even find the slightest mark or scuff to make me uncomfortable. We used it Saturday for a 30 minute drive and dd seemed very comfortable. She even slept in it for over 30 minutes on the way home when we had to make a few stops for me to run errands (dh sat in the truck with the kids). I think her head bobbed down once or twice but it does that even in the BLVD and RXT seats. She lifted it right back up and looked comfy to me and I'm very picky about the kids having head slump ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC