Oregon meets Foonf.

Pixels

I would like to address the price a little. Yes, it is expensive. This is why I am throwing my coins in the Foonf Fund. But really, Britax has a seat for $380 MSRP already. Foonf starts at $425 MSRP. Not a huge difference. People looking the buy a Scenera as their main seat, and not the same people looking to buy Foonf as their main seat.

Britax also has a comparable seat (fitting the same range of kids by age, height, weight, torso height and seated height) for $289. The range there is $289-380, whereas Foonf's range is $425-500 (I think). More than 25% more cost is a lot more expensive.

ADS

Pixels

With regards to head size, apparently you don't work with the people I work with...their heads are plenty big! LOL

And you'd be crazy to expect 3 teen girls to comply on demand as well. ;)

If something is going to be in my way on a regular basis, I personally prefer it to be static. I know what to expect from a static object; nothing. People in the back don't tend to listen well when they're all in a conversation and they move unexpectedly.

16 inches wide? Those are some BIG heads!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Britax also has a comparable seat (fitting the same range of kids by age, height, weight, torso height and seated height) for $289. The range there is $289-380, whereas Foonf's range is $425-500 (I think). More than 25% more cost is a lot more expensive.

Except the Britax will not last as long.

16 inches wide? Those are some BIG heads!

Hair. They gots hair.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Dang, for a second, I thought I fit it. I have the hair. I don't have to perfume. ;)

WhatAboutPuppy

All I can say after seeing it is... It's worth the price. Whether or not you can justify the price for your family is separate. To be clear, I'm saying nothing about safety. The seat materials rival a vehicle seat. The bottom piece came off and the padding is similar to that in a vehicle, in other words it's not cheap cotton. Crypton isn't cheap either. All the metal in the seat, magnesium... Cell technology materials. I can understand the price.
I don't know that I'm willing to pay the price yet. But I understand it. After I see the results of testing I'll make my personal choice if I can justify the price tag.

Cath3114

Judi said:
I would like to address the price a little. Yes, it is expensive. This is why I am throwing my coins in the Foonf Fund. But really, Britax has a seat for $380 MSRP already. Foonf starts at $425 MSRP. Not a huge difference. People looking the buy a Scenera as their main seat, and not the same people looking to buy Foonf as their main seat.

I'm not sure where you're seeing it for $425. The absolute cheapest I'm seeing is $450. AlbeeBaby has it for $499.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There is one cover- Drift I think- that has a stain resistant but not water-resistant fabric instead of the Crypton, and it is listed for only $425 on sites that have it. It's plain black.

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
If I can't find the Foonf in-store in my area so that I can play with it, I will scream! I am seriously considering replacing my Radian with a Foonf if I think I can use it significantly longer RF than the Radian.

kidzndogz

I understand the price actually. And I'd pay it if the seat would work for us. And it's basically the perfect seat except for the high base, and that's what put it out of the running for me. Any additional safety aspects gained by the seat are lost by the fact that I'm more likely to get in a wreck because I can't check my blind spots.

But I'm assuming the thick base is to contain the crush technology. So it's a trade off. Just another example that there is no universal magic seat that works for everyone. :(

I can see it working great in a Minivan or car like Jessica's where the backseat isn't directly in line with rear windows. For my CRV and sedans I just think it's a major safety concern.

gigi

I don't like how high it is, especially for FF. And it also seems really narrow at the shoulders.

I LOVE the safety features.

The price wouldn't be an issue if I thought it was the best seat for my kid and car.

creideamh

Does anyone know if they'll be sold in stores like Buy Buy Baby or USA Baby? (Those are the only 2 I can think of that aren't BRU around here...)

mcomommy

Yeah the tallness is the biggest thing that I don't like, price second. I can't afford it anyhow though even if the price is justified.

Cath3114

So I showed DH the Foonf video on Clek's site tonight. He's all gung-ho about it. He always feeds into my carseat passion. So we may end up with one after all, though I think it'll be awhile before she oitgrows her MA70 or TF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC