OnSide Air Convertible Car Seat and RumiAir

Mommy0608

For the booster, if you click on product tour, you can view it 360. Someone before was wondering where the belt guides are, you can see them in the 360 view.

ETA: If you click on photos for the Rumi, it has a view that appears to have the headrest all the way up. It's hard to guess from photos, but it looks like the harness/headrest adjusts pretty high.

Oh... and I agree, it's funky looking. It talks about S1 style and safety... not sure what style they're talking about.

ADS

all together ooky

Eh, the Onside looks like a Scenera with a little cushion on the sides. $100? Bleh.
The Rumi is so retro, but not cool retro. Still, if it's inexpensive that's great! Practical trumps pretty for safety...just not in sales. It's funny though..if I saw the Rumi in a car my first thought would be, "wow, how old is that seat? It must be expired."

TerisBoys

The more I look at the Rumi, the more I'm starting to like it.

12 headrest positions, and looks to be broader through the shoulders than the Nauti. Ugliness aside, it may do well in the market.

Now if I could just get the dancing candlestick to stop popping into my head everytime I see the name...

(Wanders off singing "Be our guest")

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Why is there a nice pink booster but on the ASW there is a TINY bit of blue which will be covered by the head? Really they couldn't have added more blue.

sirrahn

Maybe they were trying to knock-off the Oobr look with the Rumi? Even the name is sort of Clek-ish:confused:

I don't know exactly why, but it makes me think of an airplane seat.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I'm just not sure an ugly seat will do well on the market, esp. at $179! Maybe it will be less ugly when we see it irl. I think the "cuteness" factor is huge when the average parent purchases a car seat.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
My first thoughts:

Oh look! It is a souped up Scenera.

LOL!

I totally agree that the Rumi is the UGLIEST car seat on the market. It looks like it jumped straight out of the 80's!

christineka

I think that the actual dimensions on the rumi look good. They need to come up with some better looking covers, though. Come to think of it, I think most of the safety 1st seats come in some sort of silver and black cover, though. I wish they'd get out of that funk. Black plastic as opposed to white would look better imo. I won't need one, though.

ericarizo

From what I can tell the OnSide Convertible RF 5-40lbs and 19-40in. While the Scenera is 5-35lbs and 19-35in. That would work nice for my daughter since she is 35in. tall and only 27lbs. She could get more RF time height wise out of it.

Brycen'sMommy

I'm actually excited about the OnSide Air. I have been hoping they would put EPS foam and better covers on the Scenera forever and it looks like I got my wish. :)

Meg

I guess I'm odd, but I don't think the Rumi is ugly.. :confused: Or at least not any uglier than plenty of other seats and covers (coughmosssyoakcough) out there.:p

I'm interested in seeing the Rumi in person!

Evolily

From what I can tell the OnSide Convertible RF 5-40lbs and 19-40in. While the Scenera is 5-35lbs and 19-35in. That would work nice for my daughter since she is 35in. tall and only 27lbs. She could get more RF time height wise out of it.

If the numbers were that perfect, yes. But in actuality it has to do with their head in relationship to the top of the shell (she has to have 1 inch of hard shell above her head in the Scenera- we'll see if the rule changes at all with the OnSide). It's quite possible that she would outgrow both seats, by torso height, long before 35 lbs.

I still think it's great, though I would really love if $40 Sceneras had a 40 lb rear-facing limit.

ericarizo

Only problem is that Washington State is a proper usage state and since it states right on the seat 35in for RF the tech made me turn her FF till I got the TF.

If the numbers were that perfect, yes. But in actuality it has to do with their head in relationship to the top of the shell (she has to have 1 inch of hard shell above her head in the Scenera- we'll see if the rule changes at all with the OnSide). It's quite possible that she would outgrow both seats, by torso height, long before 35 lbs.

I still think it's great, though I would really love if $40 Sceneras had a 40 lb rear-facing limit.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Only problem is that Washington State is a proper usage state and since it states right on the seat 35in for RF the tech made me turn her FF till I got the TF.

THe scenera is actually 36 inches for rear facing height limit.... Just wanted to throw that out there, that your child was 1 inch under the rf height limit in the US....It is 35 pounds rf though.....

ericarizo

Sorry that's what I meant. I was talking to my DS and typed the RF limit instead of the RF height. Lol. She is 36in. and about 30lbs. I don't have to worry about that now since she is in a TF. I am hoping she makes it RF to 4 in it.

THe scenera is actually 36 inches for rear facing height limit.... Just wanted to throw that out there, that your child was 1 inch under the rf height limit in the US....It is 35 pounds rf though.....

Mags462

The Onside Air and Rumi i will want to play with in person of course.... I bet the OA does very well at that price point - the Rumi may have a harder time w/ the Nauti's on sale frequently at the $120 price point and the Frontier's for just over $200....

But what really bugs me is that booster. UGLY... the cover looks ill fitting, the head wings look overly huge, and unless it's as cheap as a TB it's never even going on my "maybe" list for future boosters. ;)

BabyKaykes

The Onside Air and Rumi i will want to play with in person of course.... I bet the OA does very well at that price point - the Rumi may have a harder time w/ the Nauti's on sale frequently at the $120 price point and the Frontier's for just over $200....

But what really bugs me is that booster. UGLY... the cover looks ill fitting, the head wings look overly huge, and unless it's as cheap as a TB it's never even going on my "maybe" list for future boosters. ;)

MSRP on the booster is $79. I just hope it doesn't have the headrest rule that all other Dorel boosters and combo seats have. But yes...those wings are horrible. Let's all hope the photographer was in a hurry that day and submitted whatever.

In THIS picture, the booster headwings don't look nearly as bad as the stock photo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC