OMG the TB is tiny!

scariestone

And flimsy! I decided to try DS out in the display one at costco today out of curiosity and yeah, he's a big kid but he's not even 5 and his butt barely fit and the sides were squeezing in on him! I had to pick it up with one hand on the back and one on the bottom because it felt like it was going to fall apart. That definitely confirmed for me that if the nauti doesn't fit him well as a booster I'll be going with a monterey or something similar. It doesn't feel like its going to fall apart like the TB does it?

ADS

Keeyamah

I've played with the carseats on display at stores, even the one I ended up ordering online (my back-up emergency extra kid booster) and the in store one was like that, sorta. But the one I own is not at all. But as to how he fits in it, that is probably accurate.

rxmommy

The TB falls apart VERY easily. I really hate that. Glad to have our 2 permanently living in DH's truck for the moment. I don't think the Monterey does that - the PW does not.

brooklynsmommy

The Monterey goes together like the TB. It isn't as flimsy, but still not solid. Then again, I'm used to my vivo and oobr ....

tiggercat

Boosters in general aren't as substantial as harnessed seats, which makes sense in that they are positioning devices. They just have to comfortably seat the child in the optimal position, they don't have to hold a harness and 65lb kid decelerating very quickly in the seat.
The turbo is lightweight, and falls apart, and seems a bit flimsy yes, but it does it's job and is a good little booster. My 53lb 6 year old is quite happy in hers.
The Monterey is heavier, more substantial, wider, and no the bottom doesn't fall apart as easily. It might serve your needs better. Will it perform better than the TB? We don't have the answer to that. Just make sure you have head support and that the belt guides allow the shoulder belt to retract freely.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

scariestone

I definitely wasn't saying it was unsafe I was just shocked that my not even booster ready kid barely fit and that it almost fell apart when I picked it up. :/ It was really cute. It was green and grey. Now I'm kind of wondering what I'll do for a backup booster. I don't really want to give my MIL a $120 booster as she has the tendency to lose everything I bring over there. I was thinking about the SS TB once it came down in price but since its the same size as the regular TB, that's not going to work. Having a large child is such a hassle. :p

MommyShannon

It definitely isn't a seat for bigger kids. My skinny dd who is 7 well but DS will likely need something else when he gets there. It is a bit of a shock with most boosters after lugging a nautilus in and out for years! I've gotten more comfortable with the whole booster world this past year though and am now enjoying the ease of taking a light booster in and out compared to installing a seat!

Kat_Momof3

it sounds like he's a more solid built kid... you might just have to let him go backless as a spare if the belt fits in one. Try the Harmony Olympian... it's good and wide :D

scariestone

I really don't think he would stay in position in a backless. Too much temptation to lean since there wouldn't be any sides there. I have six months or so(I hope) before he outgrows the harness on the nauti so I'm sure I can figure something out. I do have an RSTV too so that simplifies things.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
The TB falls apart VERY easily. I really hate that. Glad to have our 2 permanently living in DH's truck for the moment. I don't think the Monterey does that - the PW does not.

My Monterey falls apart super easily but my TB never does. :whistle: I really love the turbo.

finn

My Monterey falls apart super easily but my TB never does. :whistle: I really love the turbo.

:yeahthat: ds has 2 turbos & a monterey, I love them both, but i really love how easy it is to get the belt into the guide on the turbo :) ds is 5.5 & has plenty or room, width wise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC