old style parkway or monterey

Jennifer mom to my 7

Child will be 6 in 1 week!

Parkway expires in 1 year.

It also is now duct taped on each side of the eps foam.

Monterey may take up more room...

05 8 passenger sienna.

6 kids.

rf radian xtsl
regent
booster
8.5 year old
almost 12 year old
15 year old.

ADS

emandbri

I have a FF radian in the front and center seat and Monterey outboard and it fits fine. If Benjamin is overly tired he can't buckle the Monterey but most of the time he buckles it fine.

If you want it in the back it might not work as well, it is pretty wide. I haven't done 3 in a row on the back bench with the Monterey, I've switched it out with a narrower seat when doing 3 in a row.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I have a FF radian in the front and center seat and Monterey outboard and it fits fine. If Benjamin is overly tired he can't buckle the Monterey but most of the time he buckles it fine.

If you want it in the back it might not work as well, it is pretty wide. I haven't done 3 in a row on the back bench with the Monterey, I've switched it out with a narrower seat when doing 3 in a row.

Except... I hear there are overrecline issues with the radian rf in the middle seat. I need the radian rf.

christineka

Put the big kids in the back. Car seat kids in the middle. Regent middle, parkway on the side, and rfing radian on the side. BTW, I called sk and asked for an old style rfing boot. They found one, sent it to me, and it's great! I have the radian rfing in my middle seat. I have also successfully installed the regent in that middle seat. I have my dd in the parkway in the middle row. I did try a monterey a few times, but she couldn't buckle. It's easier to buckle the old parkway due to the lack of arm rests.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Did you install the regent with the recline bar? Because I was never able to install it with the recline bar in that middle seat because the recline bar hits the plastic where the vehicle seat folds.

christineka

Did you install the regent with the recline bar? Because I was never able to install it with the recline bar in that middle seat because the recline bar hits the plastic where the vehicle seat folds.

Yep, I used the recline bar. I had to recline the vehicle seat a bit, but it fit fine with no movement.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Not exactly what you asked but FWIW I just got new PW foam for my '07 no charge from Britax.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Not exactly what you asked but FWIW I just got new PW foam for my '07 no charge from Britax.

Really!!!!???? I was going to order it, but I don't feel like paying more for shipping than the foam costs, kwim? I might need to make a very well worded phone call....

ETA: especially since I think the parkway will fit much better in the middle center row seat than the monterey did... next to the regent.

Kat_Momof3

with only one year left... either the Monterey or break down and buy a vivo and see if that will fit close to as well.

christineka

with only one year left... either the Monterey or break down and buy a vivo and see if that will fit close to as well.

The problem is not fitting (any seat will fit 3 across the middle row), it's buckling. The buckles in the middle row are way down low and difficult to buckle with stuff in the way. The only boosters my kids can buckle without a lot of trouble are the old style parkway and the bodyguard. Does the new parkway have flip-up arm rests? If so, it might work.

christineka

Nope. :(

I wish there were more boosters with flip up armrests. I can only think of 2...the compass boosters and the evenflo bug kid deluxe (I think that is what it is called)

Yeah and I know Jen's kids are tall, so short boosters aren't going to work for long.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC