Old Regent shell size vs New Regent shell size

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
There was a previous thread about this and IIRC another one with pictures of naked Regents and a side-by-side comparison?

Well, with an older model (DOM 11/2005) and newer one (DOM 1/2008) in my possession now, I decided to measure. There's a slight difference. Also, in the picture of the 2005 model, it appears in the picture that the add'l shell height on the back may be just the cover, but it's not: it's solid shell as high as you see. Seems like the harness slots are about 1/2" lower in the new one and the shell height is about 1" lower. (DH and I measured several times and concurred that the pics I'm showing seem to be the most accurate we could get. It's a wet, rainy day here and I didn't want to uninstall the new Regent, haul it in, and strip the covers off of both seats...).

2319041816_c3b5876538.jpg
2318232389_9a55a18abd.jpg

ADS

scatterbunny

Thanks, Maria! :thumbsup: I thought this was the case. We had a Husky, and I've tried dd in a Regent a few times over the last few months and she always seemed to have a bit less growing room in the Regent.

HEVY

I was wondering. When I first came here all I seen was the Regent had 20 in slots, but Britax says it's 19.1, like an inch is gone. I'm very disappointed, I would have liked that extra inch. Uhmm, loving your Bouquet cover :whistle:

ginny4

that's interesting.

i measured my 2/08 regent & got 19in at the bottom of the slot but 20in atthe top of the slot. so really still 20in. was it more like 21 inches on your older one?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
that's interesting.

i measured my 2/08 regent & got 19in at the bottom of the slot but 20in atthe top of the slot. so really still 20in. was it more like 21 inches on your older one?

I'm getting 20" for the older one and 19 1/2" for the newer one... Anyone have a link to the picture without the covers on?

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Okay back! I just measured both of my Regents. Both installed with SBP, recline bar & top tethered in the caption chairs of my Tahoe. So, Everthing is equal wise. The shells are exactly the same height & the harness slots are exactly the same too. My Regents are 5/07 & 10/07. I can even get some of the 4/05 model too.

From the background of AM pics it appears one of her Regents is installed & the other is in the house. This could factor into the measurement differance.

I will take pictures of mine tomorrow once I have good light for the camera.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC