Ok, here's a stumper, but I need a starting place.

catfeet

Today I bought a commute vehicle (traveling 200+ miles a day to and from work) of an 05 Toyota Prius. Occasionally, I'll need to put all 3 children in it. What fits? All of my kids are small for their ages, ods is 7.75,50 lbs in a hbb, yds is 5, 35 lbs, still fits (barely) in a Scenera, dd is 2.75 and still RFing. I'd like to keep the younger 2 harnessed.

To play with I've got...
2 Sceneras
Combi Avatar (I know, this is big, but I've got it, so...)
Britax BV
Britax WZ (expires next year...march-ish)
Radian
Combi Kobuck hbb
Compas B505
Turbo lbb
Combi Dakota lbb

Any thoughts? I'm not opposed to buying a new seat (feed my addiction here, lol) but it's going to need to be narrow, and I'm not sure which kid to buy it for...Ods? New narrow booster? (New parkway anyone? :p) Yds? Ydd, who's only ever gotten a Scenera of her own and always used hand me downs otherwise? (can you see I've got a problem here?...I love to buy seats! :D) But, if I can make it work with what I've got, I should...:whistle:

Thanks for any imput,

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A RF Radian has plenty of room in the Prius, outboard passenger (remember it can't touch the front seat though.) So pretty much anything will probably RF there but you do need room next to it. I put FF Radian, Ride Safer Travel Vest, RF Radian in the Prius we rented (all Radians across didn't fit too well and I didn't have time to play with it.)

I'd probably put the Scenera RF outboard passenger for the 2 year old, Radian FF outboard driver's side for the 5 year old, and a booster in the middle (try the ones you have first, but if they don't fit maybe a Parkway SG.)

If the backless boosters fit but you need a headrest and the one in the middle isn't going high enough for you, you could put a backless booster outboard and Radian in the middle. (It's a BEAR to get in the middle, but I've got some tricks if you need them, I did eventually get it.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newmom2023

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC