offered a accidnet free 2.5 yr old century seat 20-40 lbs 5 pt harness does century even exist

Mommy2Marcus

I will also chime in on the Nautilus. I have a 3 1/2 year old in one & he ahs never complained about it being uncomfortable. As a matter of fact he tells me loves his seat! He does sometimes get some head slump, but not all the time.

I also think with you having a van & having captains chairs, that it will help you get some recline to the seat. You can recline the captains chair a couple of clicks & then install the Nautilus in recline mode & that should really help it have enough recline to keep him/her from having head slump.

Also, is the Regent you got a used seat that you bought somewhere? If it is, do you know the full 100% history of it? If not, then I am afraid that even new straps will not make it safe. If you do not know the history of the whole seat, then you could be using a seat that was in a crash that will not fair well in another one. Sorry. :eek:

ADS

Raegansmom4

My oldest will be 5 in November and prefers the Nautilus over her Regent. The Nautilus is one of our top recommendations for kids too big to rear-face anymore!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I'd leave the baby in the marathon a few months past expiration. It won't turn into a pumpkin on expiration date. 3 months or so shouldn't be a big deal. Many other seats go till December of the 6th year.

Why not return or sell a nautilus? You could then buy an eta, myride, or at least a scenera for baby.

As a tech, I have to disagree with continueing to use an expired seat past the expiration date. It won't self destruct the day after it expires, BUT we don't know if you'll be in a crash. And if you are, will the seat be too weak to properly protect your child? I don't know and neither do any of us here. It's not worth the risk.

I do like the idea of exchanging the Nauti for a MyRide.

Susan

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
How are you?! I haven't talked to you in forever. How are the kids? The baby is doing well? They're not really babies anymore are they? :)

We had a Nautilus for 2 yrs now and the kids all like it. Ilana sits in it when Evan isn't w/ us as long as we're not going far (since she's normally rfing still). AJ is in the Regent and it's wide. I would not be comfortable w/ Jack in it at 2, I'd give him the Nautilus of Maestro then if you get one of those.

flutie128

My DS is 6, 50 pounds and 46 inches tall and love riding in his Nautilus. We don't have head slump problems and he sleeps in it on occasion but he use to sleep in it more. We have had it for about 2 or 2.5 years. If he wasn't on the top slot I would consider getting him a another one.

jess71903

Ambassador
This seems too easy. Is there something I'm missing?

6 year old Regent
3 year old Nautilus
2 year old Marathon until it expires, then use the money from the 2nd returned Nautilus to get another convertible and keep him rear-facing.

Lea_Ontario

You are seriously going to return 2 perfectly good Nautilus seats ?

Returning seats that are current, appropriate, and generally fit kids well, and using a backless booster and a 2nd hand expired seat instead makes NO SENSE at all !

I'm sorry, but - come on, seriously, did you not think that one through ?

Did you even TRY your kids in the Nautilus seats before you thought to return them based on a little bit of negative internet chatter ?

monstah

You are seriously going to return 2 perfectly good Nautilus seats ?

Returning seats that are current, appropriate, and generally fit kids well, and using a backless booster and a 2nd hand expired seat instead makes NO SENSE at all !

I'm sorry, but - come on, seriously, did you not think that one through ?

Did you even TRY your kids in the Nautilus seats before you thought to return them based on a little bit of negative internet chatter ?

I don't think you read through all of her replies. She wants her oldest harnessed in a Regent, wants to keep the baby rear facing in the Marathon and will be buying a new seat when that one expires. She just isn't sure about the Nautilus for her 3 year old and was also considering the Maestro. She came here to ask questions and learn so she can do better.

She is working this out and finding the best solution for her budget. Your reply is coming across a bit harsh after she already came to a safe solution. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC