NV 3500 Passenger Van...can't use rear facing seats?!?

salyluz

Okay, I know that there is an older thread, but couldn't reply to it.... I have been looking into this vehicle as a good alternative to the other beasts out there for large families.

I liked pretty much everything I saw (wish it came in a diesel), but just saw an ad for it with the disclaimer not to use rear facing child restraints in the vehicle! Does anyone have any insight into this or heard of it before? That effectively takes it out of our options....

ADS

careynj

What I've heard is that they missed a manual revision byeween the cargo and passenger versions, but I would be interested to see what the ad says.

salyluz

I saw the ad twice today once while looking up a recipe and then again at the top banner of this site. I have been researching it so my ads were being specific. I normally ignore them, but saw the little disclaimer tab and want to know all I can about them. The wording was exactly as I posted and that was it with other unrelated info. I really hope it was a manual revision issue, cause all the great safety aspects become moot if half my kids can't ride in it.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Chances are good that the ads were created at the same time as the brochure mentioned in the other thread. I would bet that no one has bothered contacting the marketing department, because different departments of large corporations seem incapable of talking with each other.

canadiangie

Chances are good that the ads were created at the same time as the brochure mentioned in the other thread. I would bet that no one has bothered contacting the marketing department, because different departments of large corporations seem incapable of talking with each other.

This. The left ball doesn't know what the right ball is doing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC