No More Distribution of SK in Canada

babychild taxi

Hi,

I went by TJs today to look for another booster seat. I was talking with one of the owner's relatives who works there. She said because of US SK raising prices a lot, TJs will no longer be carrying/distributing their products. It sounds like any store who wants to stock SK will have to order directly from the US. Apparently prices have gone up quite a bit in the US which would mean Can. prices up too. For example, I bought a SK Monteray on sale for $139-pink for my little Princess friends!, and was told it's currently $199 US. I haven't checked this out yet though.

So, if you want an SK product, they are on sale right now until they are all gone, no returns or exchanges, but buy back program is still in effect.

Hope this helps any of you who are interested in SK products.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I believe that PJM distribution was actually pushed out of being the CDN importer due to some issues. SK now has it's own CDN distribution center and it's actually been open for a couple months now.

Unless something has changed in the last couple weeks, it sounds like the person at TJ's has some bitter grapes. Perhaps as part of what happened they're not allowed to carry SK anymore, though that would seem strange... maybe they're just choosing not to stock them?

At any rate, all that has changed is that PJM/TJ's is no longer the importer. SK now has a CDN location and is doing their own importation and distribution. To this point it hasn't affected the prices, but who knows if it will stay that way or not given the current exchange rate... I just hope if they raise the prices it will be $10 and not $30.

babychild taxi

that's interesting, but I'm not surprised. I know TJs has had a lot of issues and customers not getting good service, etc.

I wasn't aware there is a CAN. distribution centre, but why would TJs tell people that if there are political issues, etc.

It's interesting how some of their products are priced fair in comparison to other places and other products are over-priced....

canadiangie

I believe that PJM distribution was actually pushed out of being the CDN importer due to some issues. SK now has it's own CDN distribution center and it's actually been open for a couple months now.

Unless something has changed in the last couple weeks, it sounds like the person at TJ's has some bitter grapes. Perhaps as part of what happened they're not allowed to carry SK anymore, though that would seem strange... maybe they're just choosing not to stock them?

At any rate, all that has changed is that PJM/TJ's is no longer the importer. SK now has a CDN location and is doing their own importation and distribution. To this point it hasn't affected the prices, but who knows if it will stay that way or not given the current exchange rate... I just hope if they raise the prices it will be $10 and not $30.

:yeahthat:

From what I understand, SK seats are now being distributed from somewhere out east, and that SK is now doing their own distributing. :thumbsup:

mommycat

Phew. I just about had heart failure when I saw the thread title! SK has some awesome options for us and I would hate to see them go!

kattale

Eeep! That's a relief!
But that's just a wholesale distributer, right? I can't go to Waterloo and pick up the best price on Radians? :( (I'm in Waterloo several times a year to visit the in-laws.)
kat

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Tj is not the distributor anymore. I have the new contact details for the new distributor in Kitchener-Waterloo. PM me if needed (I have to check if I can post his details here or not :bag: )

That's wholesale distribution. You still go to the stores to buy your SK seats. Tech seats (for educational purposes) come directly from this distributor.

NewfieMoma

I just about keeled over when I saw the title of the thread... Melissa WILL be getting a Radian once she is out of her SS1, I am hoping that the XT will be at the superstore by then

babychild taxi

Hi Again,

Sorry for making everyone have a reaction to the title of my post! I was just going by what I was being told, and I believed them...silly me! (they do sound quite convincing though).

K.

canadiangie

no apologies necessary!

It's always fine to post new info. As you said, TJ's told you something, and made it sound true. That's not your fault. :)

shauburg

It appears that Canadians can now buy seats & accessories directly from SKJP via their web-site - http://www.skjp.com/products/97556/Car_Seats

Just select 'Canada' from the drop-down in the top right hand corner and CDN$ prices appear. When you select an item it then allows you to add it to your cart and check-out with a Cdn shipping address.

The SKJP-direct option will be really nice to have for us here in Canada for those hard to find Radian accessories!

kattale

Ah, but sadly, their prices aren't any better by buying direct. Sigh.
How am I going to afford 2 of these this year? *shakes head*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC