Nextfit Manual is up

tiggercat

I have many inside sources. ;) But they'd torture me if I named any names. I know the plan is for the NextFit to go to Canada eventually. Just not sure if they have a real timeframe for that yet. But I'll inquire and keep you posted!

Oh I don't expect you to give up your sources! I just wondered because you said it passed the 2012 CDN regulations, which would lead me to think it's well on it's way, not a rather nebulous "eventually".

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

zactayaus

I'm wondering about the weight of the seat and the external width. We will need to replace our travel seat (Coccoro) sometime this summer, and I'm wondering if this seat would be feasible to take on airplanes or not. Guess that info will have to wait until it is actually shipping.

ETA: Forget what I just typed I thought I was on a different thread.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Actually, it weighs close to 25 lbs. Not lightweight at all.

It will be FAA approved but I'm not sure that I'll be recommending it specifically as a travel seat.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Some Canada-specific info: it's coming. 5-45lbs RF, and no ARB.

And for all of us:

It does not allow a noodle/towel to increase recline. The nine positions result in a very wide range of recline, and has worked in all of the test vehicles tried so far, including the ten toughest ones at NHTSA (I could not find out what these ten were though...wouldn't THAT be good to know!).

ETA on March 5th: the 45lb bit is not for sure. It has not undergone testing yet and the final weight won't be determined until it does.

ETA on March 11th: 40lb RF in Canada.

Last edited:

SignCuer

And for all of us:

It does not allow a noodle/towel to increase recline. The nine positions result in a very wide range of recline, and has worked in all of the test vehicles tried so far, including the ten toughest ones at NHTSA (I could not find out what these ten were though...wouldn't THAT be good to know!).

45lbs?!! Will they make it on US seats as well?

zactayaus

And for all of us:

Are you sure 45lbs RF?! That would be awesome it that would go for US too! We could still use this seat RF for my big guy!

tiggercat

And for all of us:

Height limit in Canada?

Pixelated

45lbs?!! Will they make it on US seats as well?

I don't know about US - but in Canada that's what I was told. Of course I suppose things could always change as it goes through testing. I'm hopeful it stays at 45lbs.

Height limit in Canada?

I'm expecting that info next week, I will certainly report back. I asked for a seated torso height at the full extension of the shell/head rest.

featherhead

I don't know about US - but in Canada that's what I was told. Of course I suppose things could always change as it goes through testing. I'm hopeful it stays at 45lbs.

I'm expecting that info next week, I will certainly report back. I asked for a seated torso height at the full extension of the shell/head rest.

Yay, thanks for the info!! I'm excited about this seat. I :love: my Keyfit!

tiggercat

I am hoping they don't slap a numerical height limit on it and keep it 1in from the top of that nice tall headrest :)

Pixelated

I am hoping they don't slap a numerical height limit on it and keep it 1in from the top of that nice tall headrest :)

That wasn't the intention as I've understood it. I asked specifically for a RF height limit, and was there one or do they go by the 1" from the top of the shell/headrest. The response was 1" from the top and when the person I spoke to has hands on a seat next week the tape measure would come out. Now all I have to remember to do is ask next week!

ConnorsMommy

Kecia or anyone who has actually seen the seat- how high does it sit in the vehicle? I am seriously considering getting one for my 13 month old. It will go on the passenger side captains chair in my Odyssey. I used my older sons Recaro Signo for him for the past few days and it sat up too high, blocking my view. I'm only 5'1". I traded it out for my Marathon (which expires in a year) and the Marathon was perfect. I could easily see over it. Is the NextFit more like the Signo G2 in terms of how high it sits on its base or more like the Marathon? How do you think it would compare to the Peg convertible?

Wreckgoddess

OMG. I'm drooling!!!!!

I WANT THIS!!!

I need a new seat to keep Ben RF past 35 lbs (he is sooo close to the 35 RF limit in 2 of his seats) and this could be it!?!?!

Do we like this better than a Radian RXT for ERF? (Or even close to the limits of a Radian RXT??)

MommyShannon

I am a bit giddy that its only 1/2" shorter than the TF but 40lb limit. I loved our KeyFit with DD2 and I love purple. I had just reached a "happy place" with our seats but now I might just preorder this. I really want a FR90 too but DD2 won't need a FF seat for a long time if I get this!
ETA: BRU has preorders open. I just can't spend $300 on a seat I can't justify until DD2 gains 6lbs and grows about 4".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC