new seat for 4 year old

U

Unregistered

My 4 year old daughter needs a 3rd seat. She is currently FF in a Britax Marathon in my car, and a Radian 65 in my truck. I plan to keep her harnessed at least 2 more years, then replace those seats with HBBs. Meanwhile, she is starting school and sharing between my truck and my hubby's is no longer going to work. I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to get a seat like the nautilus or frontier that will convert, or go with a seat that is harness-only. She is 39" and 32 pounds. I don't know her sitting height, but she's mostly legs. Are there any harnessed seats that have cup holders? She would adore having a cup holder!

ADS

Marvin711

I don't see a reason to not go with a harness to booster seat like the Nautilus or Frontier. Both have a little more "big kid" look and feel which my kids like. If at 4 she still fits into her Marathon I would predict she wouldn't have an issue staying harnessed height wise for another two years either.

Brianna

Welcome to car-seat.org!

The Nautilus has 1 cup holder, the Frontier 85 has 2. Another option is the Evenflo SecureKid 300 or 400 and it has 2 cup holders. All of them convert to boosters and would be good choices :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

henrietta

All of the above are good options.

She's not super big and she's all legs, so she can use almost any of the lower priced options and probably make it to at least age 6 harnessed in those seats. She would probably even fit in an Evenflo Maestro for 2 more years-it's only about $80. The Maestro, Secure Kid, and Nautilus have similar top slots. If she isn't yet on the top slots of her Marathon or Radian, she'll have a very long time in any of those seats.

She doesn't need the additional height/weight of the Frontier, so it isn't necessary to spend that added money. BUT it's a great seat and if you all like it and want that one, it will last a long, long time and makes a great booster later.

hths

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hday14

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC