New Pliko P3 or...?

blueflamingo

My Honda CR-V was rear-ended this weekend (no kids in the car, TG) and my beloved P3 was damaged. The insurance company will reimburse the purchase of a new (comparably-priced, $300ish) stroller, but I'm wondering if there are other options I should consider before just buying a new Peg.

Our family is very close to not needing a stroller, so I'm also considering resale value. DS1 just turned 4 and is a pretty good walker, but sometimes gets lazy (even legitimately tired sometimes!). DS2 is 27 months is an enthusiastically independent walker, so I like to have the stroller to restrain him while in shops.

We have a double for zoo outings, etc. which will be retired/resold very soon. This single will be used for trips to the mall/infrequent travel/botanic gardens, etc. Mainly I'm not yet willing to give up having a place to stash all the jackets/lunchbags/waterbottles, etc. (i.e., I don't want to carry it all myself!).

What I love about the P3 -
  • compact fold/lightweight yet sturdy
  • easily washable
  • enormous canopy (though don't use that much anymore)
  • and
most important - the ride on step on the back.

I don't love the limited storage space on the bottom, but it's not the end of the world. I'd love a parent console too, but that may get in the way of the rear foot-step rider.

I've tried the Joovy caboose and HATED it, so no sit n' stands for us.

Are there any other single strollers out there with an integrated step for a second rider, or an add-on component? DS1 is pushing 35lbs and DS2 is not far behind at 28lbs, so it needs to have a decent weight limit.

Thanks!

ADS

blueflamingo

Okay, with a little more digging (nope, not getting any work done today!) I've discovered a number of add-on rider "boards" that say they attach to a variety of single strollers, but get mixed reviews.

Has anyone used something like the Baby Jogger Glider Board [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Glider-Board-Summit/dp/B00318CLAK/ref=pd_sbs_ba_2"]Amazon.com: Baby Jogger Glider Board For City/Summit: Baby[/ame] with the Cybex Onyx? I'm totally in love with the cranberry color.

One of the reviewers said it does not fit the G-Luxe... any experience there?

OH - the other thing I love about the P3 is the handle lever for reclining the back rest - though we hardly ever use that feature any more, it's so much more preferable to the adjustable strap that our Chicco stroller has (what a pain). Does the Onyx have a lever or strap recline adjustment?

Mercuria

Baby gizmo has review videos that go over the workings of pretty much everything you could ask about a stroller.
Here's the review for the Onyx:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znqyns1wKbE"]Baby Gizmo Cybex Onyx Stroller Review - YouTube[/ame]

blueflamingo

Thanks all - after much internet time-suckage, I decided to just order a new P3 and not risk getting something I don't love as much. That babygizmo video was super helpful - I would not like how the Cybex folded up, for sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC