Need to get rid of Scenera, wwyd?

cake...

I bought a Scenera a year or so ago for my sister's car. Unfortunately my DS only fit in it for about six months. :rolleyes: So now I need to unload it and I can't get anyone to take it. :confused:

I don't know anyone I could just give it to. I tried putting it on Craigslist in the "free" section and no one wanted it. I don't want to throw it out!

Any suggestions for what I can do with it?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Pregnancy crisis center, homeless shelter, or women's centers around here all accept car seats, including used ones.

christineka

List it in the baby and kid section and ask $5 or $10 for it. I find people value car seats more if they pay a little for it. The free section is hard to navigate, so I bet you'll find more interest in the baby and kid section. You could also try listing on freecycle.

cake...

I also tried listing it for $5, no dice. There's a local women's shelter that I've donated to before, I'll see if they want it. Thanks.

kam1011

No IRL friends want it? My facebook friends (from real life) attack like hounds when I have a seat I don't need anymore!

bnsnyde

Ha! Mine went through 2 garage sales and didn't sell. It was cheap, too. Looks brand new.

So it's in the house again. Nobody buys them I guess! No idea!

jacqui276

I'm surprised nobody wanted it for free! I sold mine on kijiji for $50 and had someone on my doorstep within an hour of posting the ad.

If you keep it up on craigslist/kijiji, someone is bound to want it sooner or later, I would imagine. Otherwise, some sort of women's shelter would be great if they take car seats.

cake...

I suppose it would, though I'm not sure how much shipping is.

I will try posting on fb. It's worth a shot.

It's been on CL for months. Apparently a barely-used scenera is worth nothing, but a 4-months-from-expiry britax is worth $75. *eyeroll*

tam_shops

Have you tried putting a note on your FB page? That works for me sometimes...

Or calling the local high school w/ a teen mom program?

tam

Phineasmama

Put it out on the curb for a day when you know it's going to be good weather. You might be surprised :rolleyes:

Or see if any techs in your area might need it for a demo seat or know a family in need.

christineka

Maybe make a post in the buying/selling section and ask for critique on your ad? (Not sure where is appropriate.) I sold a 2 year old scenera for $30, easily. I had bunches of people calling about it.

hkllgg

Look for a local garage sale page on Facebook. I have sold a lot of my baby stuff that way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC