Need to find a good deal on on a tall shell seat ASAP

Northriver

My dd is 44" mostly torso, but still only 38# and is not quite 5 yrs old. I'm looking for a good deal on a Radian, Regent or anything else with a tall shell ASAP. She might barely fit in a MA but we recently gave ours away.

I was able to buy a Regent for under $200 a few months ago but can't find any good deals right now, if anyone knows of anything, please let me know. My father passed away last week and we are doing some major vehicle shuffling and I just need at least one more seat asap.

I currently have the Regent installed using the long seat belt install which is tricky to get tight in my vehicle so I can't easily move it from vehicle to vehicle. We have a Radian in my mom's car but she is currently using that for my niece. My ex-dh has a Nauti which I really dislike so I do not intend to purchase another.

If anyone has any suggestions or sees any great deals, please let me know.

Thanks so much,
Amy

ADS

Maedze

Why not just get an Evenflo Maestro? A Regent is way overkill for a kid with her stats. If you want to spend more, a Nautilus will fit her beautifully too.

A Radian has a shorter top harness position than either of those seats, and is quite a bit more expensive.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I 2nd the Maestro. Your dd would be on the 2nd to top slots...with a solid 2-3" of torso room to grow from the sounds of your descriptions (basing it on how my little one fits it). You can't beat it for the price...I got both mine for under $70 each with discount codes on Sears.com. Not sure if there are any codes right now, but it's a great seat and the price is awesome!

Northriver

Thank you so much for your help, I will look into the Mastero since I can buy one locally.

I'm using a MA right now but her shoulders are exactly even with the top slots so I won't be able to use it much longer. I should probably just spend the money on the new Frontier. I do have a Nauti in another vehicle and it seems to cheap and flimsy - I'm just accustomed to using better quality seats.

I always hoped to keep her harnessed to age 5 but I never expected that I'd HAVE to keep her harnessed to age 5 because she hadn't hit 40 pounds yet!

Maedze

Thank you so much for your help, I will look into the Mastero since I can buy one locally.

I'm using a MA right now but her shoulders are exactly even with the top slots so I won't be able to use it much longer. I should probably just spend the money on the new Frontier. I do have a Nauti in another vehicle and it seems to cheap and flimsy - I'm just accustomed to using better quality seats.

I always hoped to keep her harnessed to age 5 but I never expected that I'd HAVE to keep her harnessed to age 5 because she hadn't hit 40 pounds yet!

The Nauti seemed 'cheap and flimsy'? :confused::confused: Compared to what? It's one of the most solid seat designs I've ever seen. Certainly more substantial than the Frontier. It has a metal-reinforced core.

If you don't like it you don't like it, but it's not cheap or flimsy!

Northriver

The Nauti seemed 'cheap and flimsy'? :confused::confused: Compared to what? It's one of the most solid seat designs I've ever seen. Certainly more substantial than the Frontier. It has a metal-reinforced core.

If you don't like it you don't like it, but it's not cheap or flimsy!

No offense! I currently use both a Regent and a Radian, before that had MA, DC, BLVD and Roundabout so that is what I'm comparing the Nauti to.

I was actually mostly satisfied with the Nauti until we had to raise to the highest slots. It is installed in a '98 Subaru with the super long buckle stalks with 3 full twists but the seat still moves around a bit more than I like and like I said, I was ok with the seat and the install until we raised the wings, but now the base and the back seem to wiggle seperately of each other - frankly it freaks me out especially because it is in such an old vehicle - less safe and more prone to mechanical problems, I want a solid seat with a solid install - technically yes, the seat has less than an inch of movement at the belt path, however, wiggly doesn't work well at all for MY sense of security.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC