Need help with seats for my Yukon XL (3rd row)

Jillybeans5

I am having a hard time figuring out what is going to fit best. I'm trying to move my 6.5 yr old to a booster, and need to do some rearranging and seat buying. I currently have my 11 yr old DD on the left, a nautilus center, and tried to put a Parkway SG on the right. It fits, its tight, but the seatbelt won't stay in the belt guide because of the way it comes out of the seatback and the beltguide being open. So I'm thinking that seat is a no go, I can return it.

Here are the seats I am thinking of trying, S1 CA65 or Frontier 85 center, and Recaro ProBooster or Graco TurboBooster on one side, with 11 yr old DD on other side for now but would like to be able to fit another booster over there. Sometime in the next year I will be moving the center child (5yr old DS) to a booster and my currently RFing 2nd row 2.5 yr old to the 3rd row center.

I hope that makes sense, I will be happy to clarify anything if it does not. Thanks in advance for your help, your input is greatly appreciated.

ADS

Jillybeans5

My kiddos have all grown a little since I updated my siggy but not too much. My 5 yr old is using the next to top slots in the nauti with some room to grow.

DaniChildcare

For curiosities sake, where are all the kids sitting now? (Is the 6.5 and 5yo sitting next to each other currently in their Nautilus'?) Is there enough space to buckle with the Nauti in booster mode?

The turbo would probably work well (i've never had the belt come out of the belt guide with the turbo, and my belts come out of the seat back as well)

The Oober seems pretty narrow, with seemingly "closed" belt guides, but it's pretty pricey, and if you're wanting one on each side, probably not the best bet since it would cost a fortune!

Jillybeans5

Currently I have my 2.5 yr old RFing behind passenger and 5 yr old in Nauti behind driver. Third row is 11 yr old DD in seatbelt, 6.5 yr old harnessed in Nauti, then 12.5 yr old in seatbelt. I have 2 reasons for wanting to change this, first my 12.5 yr old doesn't fit well in the 3rd row(knees pressed against captains chair and barely enough space to squeeze his size 14 feet in), second my 6.5 yr old is ready to booster, he will turn 7 in a couple months and is mature enough and asking to switch. No way 2 nautis will fit side by side.

DaniChildcare

Ahh, ok, i thought that the 2 nauti's were sitting next to each other!

I'd try to turbo in there, since it is decently narrow. The oober is an option, but is expensive.

Jillybeans5

We take long trips back home periodically, 8 hr drive, so I need them to have comfy seats for long trips. I need a HWH seat for the center for my newly 5 yr old and a narrow based booster for my nearly 7 yr old that has a mostly closed but free moving belt guide since the belt comes out of the seat back. My kids have shorter torso's and are pretty leggy. These 2 seats have to fit side by side in my 3rd row with room for my daughter on the other side. Pretty simple, right? LOL!:rolleyes:

amp

I have an '01, I think our seats are the same (?). I had a Turbo in the 3rd row outboard for a bit and never had an issue with it. I struggled with the Frontier all over in the 3rd row, I finally got it installed outboard using LBP (barely), I never went back to try the center again. Is it a lapbelt only?

Jillybeans5

I finally found a workable solution! It even turned out to be pretty cheap, yay!

I got a maestro for my 5 yr old 3rd row center, and a Big Kid DLX HBB for my nearly 7 yr old(belt fit is good, and seat belt stays in belt guides, yay). I can actually buckle it with the booster in place, this is the only one I can do that with, the flip up armrest helps. With some practice, my son may actually be able to buckle himself. I can even fit another Big Kid HBB on the other side, which will be helpful in another year or so when I move my 5 yr old to a booster and my currently 2.5 year old to the Maestro.

I'm so excited to finally find a solution!!!:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC