Need help choosing a FF seat

S

Sam

Hi,

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Sport(Canadian version, live in the US now though)
Rider: Almost 4, 42", 40#
Other rider RF in a E2F (no concerns there)

Having a hell of a time installing a graco tranzitions in my husbands Jeep. He's gotten it before but neither of us are confident with how much effort it took & how much it was moving, so we're getting her a new seat. We had her RF in a E2F but she was screaming every time we went anywhere to the point of vomiting. In our other vehicle shes FF in a E2F and we hate the tranzitions install so much that we're not interested in switching the 2.

We traded in at Target so we're looking at the seats they have available. If I understand correctly the tranzitions is a PITA when the seat belt is forward in the vehicle? Will we have this issue with other seats as well? We have no problem installing any other seats in the cars.

We'd like to keep it under $150 after the 20% off but if that's not possible then we'll go from there. I know we may need to spend more due to her height(96%ile)

Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You could see if a Nautilus Snuglock works. It has a different belt path and the Snuglock might help. (The Tranzitions Snuglock probably still won't work.)

As an alternative you might look at the Evenflo Sonus 65. It's a convertible, but with 18" top slots, nearly as tall as the Tranzitions. It is both easier to install, and allows installation with lower anchors to 50 lbs to make things even easier for a while.

I would recommend the SureRide, which is an inch taller in harness and allows LA to 55 lbs, But target seems to no longer carry it. (It should still be under that price though.)

Vimvimmi

Thanks for the suggestions! I was looking at the nautilus last night, do you think the snuglock lx is worth it for the extra weight in booster mode?

The other one I was considering was the chicco myfit but it seemed like the nautilus had more options?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The MyFit is going to be difficult to install in your vehicle because of the belts. It has a similar belt path.

I never personally use combination seats in booster mode as they are bulky and hard to buckle, but if you choose to, the small amount of extra weight wouldn't bother me- particularly as Graco allows LATCH in booster mode.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HessMom

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2020 Carseat Media LLC