Need help ASAP

xxluckychicxx

I am heading out for my son's birthday party in about 2 hours and my sis just called. She needs me and my mom to take my 7 month old nephew with us. My mom drives a '98 Honda Accord and I dont think there's anyway to do 3 across in the backseat.

Here are the seats we have to work with:
SafeSeat1
Evenflo Portabout (my nephew's)
Uptown
Graco Nautilus
Evenflo Triumph (not Advance)

All 3 of them are RFing, but my 2 year old could go FFing. My mom's passenger airbags dont turn off. What would you do?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Do you have to take her car? Well, I fit a SR, Comfort sport and cargo in a Neon. Maybe it will work. Dang, hate to FF, but I am thinking Nauti, Uptown, Portabout.

BW1426

You should have 54 inches of hiproom to work with. I'm thinking Nautilus in the center and the safeseat (without base) outboard and the uptown RF outboard. If you can make your nephew's evenflo carrier work (I believe it needs the handle down plus 1.5" of clearance between it and the seat then I'd do the uptown center and a baby bucket on each side.

xxluckychicxx

Nauti, Uptown, SS1, if it will fit. If you were closer, I would lend you my Radian.

Thanks! Its the thought that counts ;). Im having my mom come over a little earlier so we will have a little more time to play around in this wonderful 100 degree weather to see what fits.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, atleast she is giving you time. When you belt the first outboard one in, make sure it is as close to the door are possible. Close the door after you install, then go to the middle. You will need all the room you can get!

xxluckychicxx

Well, atleast she is giving you time. When you belt the first outboard one in, make sure it is as close to the door are possible. Close the door after you install, then go to the middle. You will need all the room you can get!

thanks for the tip! is it ok for them to all be touching? and touching the doors?

scatterbunny

Yes, they can all be touching, and they can be touching the doors. You just want each seat to be independently tight (not tight just because another seat is pushing on it), and you don't want the doors to actually move the seats when you close the doors. ;) Touching the seats is one thing, but pushing on them is another.

xxluckychicxx

Yes, they can all be touching, and they can be touching the doors. You just want each seat to be independently tight (not tight just because another seat is pushing on it), and you don't want the doors to actually move the seats when you close the doors. ;) Touching the seats is one thing, but pushing on them is another.

Ok thanks! Hopefully it will work! :eek:

abacus2

Can you try portabout, uptown, safeseat and keep everyone rear-facing? I think that combo is narrower than including the Nauti.

xxluckychicxx

So, I ended up doing SS1 (w/ base), FF Uptown, and Portabout (w/ base)- in that order. I wanted to RF the Uptown but the handles on the infant seats prevented that. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC