Need FAST help

lovemybabies924

A sub just pulled up next to me and they pulled out a tiny FF baby! Should I go in and say something or cAll 911?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

hrice

I would say something first. But definately do not go without saying anything or reporting.

MomToEliEm

If it were me, I would confront them instead of call 911. Is their seat a convertible carseat where it can be turned around easily?

lovemybabies924

i went and looking in the window first and there was a RF seat in the 3rd row, went inside and she was talking to her sister about how she was glad she quick moved the car to closer parking...she had a 3 year old and 16m old (i talked to the sister after i grabbed my tan lol) and it was clear she was just moving the car a few rows closer to the tanning salon...baby still could have been hurt but in a parking lot im leaving that to parental decision.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
So the 16 month old was pulled out of a FF seat? I understand now that she was just moving the car and kiddo was probably sitting in older siblings seat.

I guess I'm just wondering why you would think to call 911 for a FF child that age? While it's certainly far from ideal, assuming the child meets the car seat manufacturers minimums, it is well within a parents right to make that choice for their child.

In that circumstance I would probably take the opportunity to discuss RF, especially given the recent release from the AAP, but I definitely wouldn't call the police over it.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
In that circumstance I would probably take the opportunity to discuss RF, especially given the recent release from the AAP, but I definitely wouldn't call the police over it.

Honestly, I wouldn't even do that -- sure, if it happened to come up in conversation I'd take advantage, but I wouldn't approach strangers to tell them about it.

I'm glad you didn't call 911 over a forward-facing 1yo.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=163628

IIRC, you're the poster who installed seats with unlocked belts and put a <30# child in a backless booster while trying to "help" a neighbor.

It's wonderful that you care about trying to keep kids safe. But please, please, take the tech course and do some checks with experienced techs. Don't do solo checks and don't call 911 because people aren't doing what you think they should be. A 1yo FFing is not ideal, but it's not illegal. Calling 911 would destroy any chance you have of *educating* the parents or anyone else.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC