Need a new car - 5K budget

tl01

Get a car fax for anything you are considering. Also, I can't tell from the pics but is one of the head light lenses more clear than the other? If so, that would lead me to believe that one was replaced... possibly after a crash. It could just be the angle the pic was taken at though.

ADS

CarSafetyGuy

I don't blink at 100k+ miles when it comes to Toyotas or Hondas, but I can't say the same about Fords. However, that's where vehicle history checks and mechanic lookovers come in.

lovemybabybug

The more I read about the ford, the less I like it. Looks like a lot of trans issues.

I will report back tomorrow after I look at the scion. The mechanic is coming with me, hopefully the report will be good.

kathysr98

I had an 07 Freestyle and loved it. It was the perfect car when I needed space but was short on money. I loved it so much that when I upgraded, I bought a Flex, which is almost the same car on the inside.

agave

I have an appointment to see a 2006 Scion XB with 70k miles on it tomorrow. That's a private seller and I am taking a mechanic with me.

Mine had almost twice the miles when I sold it over 2 years ago. It still ran like new. It was an awesome little car, I miss it every time I put gas in my van.

agave

Mine had almost twice the miles when I sold it over 2 years ago. It still ran like new. It was an awesome little car, I miss it every time I put gas in my van.

ETA: I took it on a 400 mile trip once with 2 RF kids and 3 adults once. It wasn't excessively comfortable but it worked.

Last edited:

lovemybabybug

Did you ever attempt a 3 across in it with 3 harnessed seats? I am totally stressing over that, because I NEED 3 seats in there. One rf, one ff and the other one can go either way. I have 2 radian available If that makes any difference.

Last edited:

T4K

I think I read that you have two radians and a MyRide? I am thinking that the MR and radian can sandwich pretty well going the same direction. So either both of those FF next to each other or both RF. Then put the other Radian outboard. I'm guessing FFing two seats will be easier.

lovemybabybug

I think I read that you have two radians and a MyRide? I am thinking that the MR and radian can sandwich pretty well going the same direction. So either both of those FF next to each other or both RF. Then put the other Radian outboard. I'm guessing FFing two seats will be easier.

Yup. That's what I have. I also have have a scenera and when I had a classic marathon that worked well too next to the Radian going in in the same direction, so I wouldn't be opposed to getting another one if I have to (plus this car is white with black interior, the cow would look fabulous in it). When summer comes I would like to have a frontier 90 or nautilus center and a Coccoro rf outboard. I only need the 3 across till june.

lovemybabybug

These are the two set ups I used to do in my 99 Pontiac sunfire. I could also put a scenera both rf and ff in the spot where th MR and MA are. It is extremely difficult to get the radian RF in there because of long buckle stalks, so I am prepared for that. I also never tried the angle adjuster in the Pontiac. According to Edmunds the Pontiac has an inch and a half more hip room than the scion, however the arm rests on the back door in the Pontiac cut into the hip room significantly making 3 across complicated and not all seats fit.

View attachment 24670

View attachment 24669

Last edited:

griffinej5

We have a My Ride and a Headwise next to each other in my mom's XB RF. They fit if the. MyRide is on the side of the Headwise without the cupholder. I don't have really anything else to test a three across, only another MyRide and a flex loc, which doesn't work. A person can get in there, not comfortably. It can probably be done with narrower seats.

vmmatula

If you didn't already buy a month of carfax history reports & need any, let me know. I have another week or two paid for that i'm not using. i can run any VIN numbers for you and email you the results...it takes about a minute:)

lovemybabybug

If you didn't already buy a month of carfax history reports & need any, let me know. I have another week or two paid for that i'm not using. i can run any VIN numbers for you and email you the results...it takes about a minute:)

That would be awesome, thank you!!! I texted him for him but he said he isn't home and it is not handy. As soon as he does, I can send it to you.

lovemybabybug

We have a My Ride and a Headwise next to each other in my mom's XB RF. They fit if the. MyRide is on the side of the Headwise without the cupholder. I don't have really anything else to test a three across, only another MyRide and a flex loc, which doesn't work. A person can get in there, not comfortably. It can probably be done with narrower seats.

So awesome to know!! Thank you! I think I should be ok with the 2 radians then. So far I have never had a problem doing doing a 3 across anywhere as long as I had the 2 radians so I am hoping this will be be the case!

agave

The only 3 across I did in mine was 2 RF Radians with a RF roundabout in the center. The Roundabout was in there for transport only. The only FF seat I ever had in it was a Frontier 85. Radians don't work either direction in the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC