Need a booster for Honda CVR 2014

K

Kenda

I just tried to install a Britax Highpoint and found it isn't going to work because the headrests don't come off my car. What boosters will work for us? Would really prefer one with latch. Thanks

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You might give the Evenflo Big Kid a shot, it sometimes works with that type of headrest.

Otherwise, the Clek Oobr and Peg Perego Flex 120 can have some gap behind them as long as lower anchors are in use and the headrest is in contact; they have recline modes that allow this. You might need to add a safe item like a foam cooler as a foot restfor leg support with these seats depending on child size.

Whatever you get, I highly recommend buying somewhere with easy returns like Amazon or Target.

K

Kenda

You might give the Evenflo Big Kid a shot, it sometimes works with that type of headrest.

Otherwise, the Clek Oobr and Peg Perego Flex 120 can have some gap behind them as long as lower anchors are in use and the headrest is in contact; they have recline modes that allow this. You might need to add a safe item like a foam cooler as a foot restfor leg support with these seats depending on child size.

Whatever you get, I highly recommend buying somewhere with easy returns like Amazon or Target.
He is 6 and 50lbs, tall but can't remember exact height. I ordered the highpoint because of the crotch strap. It is replacing a Maestro that he just sized out of the harness so I moved it to my sister's van for occasional trips. I will just use the highpoint in her car. Do you think the maestro will work in booser mode in the crv? It's my husbands car and not used much. He is in a MyFit most of the time. I don't think the vest will work for DH. I will check out the seats you mentioned. Just didn't want to spend that much on a seat that will rarely get used but safety is worth it! Thanks so much! I guess I could also get another harness seat and harness to 65lbs and then go to a cushion booster. Do you know what harness seats would work for my car and his weight?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Once you're confident he can sit correctly, a backless booster is an appropriate choice, especially as a part time use choice, even at 6.

Hmm, not sure on the Maestro. You can give it a shot. There are only 2 options for the shoulder belt with it, in the guide as long as it's above the shoulder or out of the guide. So it's not one I recommend in booster mode often. But if it worked, that could be a good transitional step to a backless booster.

I know I've put an Evenflo SureRide in that vehicle. I think a Britax Grow With You may also work. I would start there if you decide to harness, but it's not necessary for a lot of 6 year olds.

Last edited:
S

Scott

I purchased a clek oobr for my 2014 CR-V. the LATCH is virtually unusable due to the positioning of the seat belt buckle. It is infuriating and brought me to this forum to search for alternatives. I am looking at the Flex 120, which appears narrow enoughto work with LATCH.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Did you try the other side? In your vehicle, one side has a lower anchor right where the buckle is and the other doesn't.

But yes, the Oobr is wider than the Peg Flex.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC