nautilus uninstall question

raychie33

I have the nautilus installed FF with latch and I need to uninstall it to switch cars. The thing is, it is in so tight I can't maneuver the latch and I can't figure out how to loosen it using the thing n the side. I'm pressing and pulling etc. But it's not budging. Any ideas?

ADS

NannyMom

Does the vehicle seatback recline? Sometimes reclining the seatback helps loosen the install. Or, put some weight into the seat, so it compresses just enough to allow for a tad bit of slack int he LATCH strap, so you can loosen it.

2BunniesMommy

I've had this problem too. What I did was get in it to loosen it and rock the adjuster to loosen it. Then to get the hooks out it helps to turn them 90 degrees. An alternative that I have also used is to recline the car's seatback, that should put some slack in the latch strap.

NebraskaMom

Here are a couple things to try:

-Put all of your weight on the side with the release/tightening mechanism for the LAtch. If you push down on that side, you might create enough tension to allow it to slide.

-Recline the seat (as others mentioned) and wiggle the Nautilus side-to-side at the arm rests. You will have to use a little force, but it should loosen.

-Make sure you are pressing down on the gray part of the release/slider/tightening buckle thing. When ours was new, I had to use both hands the first couple times since it was tough to press down.

For future reference...the seat doesn't need to be 100% rock solid, never ever going to move. As long as you have less than 1 inch side to side or front to back movement at the belt path, it is tight enough. If you have to put your knee in the seat to get it tight, it's possible the seat is way too tight and could potentially cause damage. :D

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
You might need to get someone else to help - preferably someone a bit heavier than you! Have them kneel in the seat while you push on the tilt-adjuster tab. They might need to bounce, and then you time your push on the tab with the bottom of their bounce.

mommy-medic

Can you access the latch adjuster tab? To release it, you have to press the tab away from the strap. Sometimes it can be difficult to get it going initially, but once you get that first "release" off the tab (may even feel it pop or give), it gets very easy to press the tab away from the strap/carseat and loosen all the way.

raychie33

Is there a button on the latch adjustor tab that I am supposed to squeeze? It looks like there is like an aluminum colored button but it does not squeeze in. My dh can't figure it out either.

Mae

Is there a button on the latch adjustor tab that I am supposed to squeeze? It looks like there is like an aluminum colored button but it does not squeeze in. My dh can't figure it out either.

No, there is a metal tab you lift up. Let me grab a picture.

Edited to Add:

Here. The first picture is what the LATCH strap will look like when installed (just imagine a car seat there ;)).

IMG_0664.jpg

This is the metal "tab" you lift up to loosen the LATCH strap, just as I'm doing in the picture. :)

IMG_0668.jpg

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You push out on it.

Does your vehicle seat recline?

Also, you do now that the nautilus IS a FF only seat, right?

Baylor

I used to have trouble too. Now I just put my knee in it like I am installing it and then lean over the side put my thumb on the the silver plate and push down and it comes right out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC