MyRide / triumph vs marathon / Boulevard RF time?

KaiLing

It's my impression that the general belief here is that the MyRide is a bit taller than the new Marathon / Boulevards, but does anyone know how much? The spread sheets say half an inch... Does anyone have a good idea of how much longer a MR will fit a regular sized kiddo RF?

And while I'm at it: If we're trying to buy something also 40 lbs RF and a bit taller to supplement a family that already owns britax, and we can't get a dual angle indicator on a CA, do we have any other non-Radian options? Is the Triumph also a bit taller than a britax? How about a Pria?

(Sorry to be so ignorant, my kid outgrew everything by height at the same time and then hit 40 lbs, and I'm trying to help out, but I'm kind in the dark about the specifics...)

ADS

jjordan

The MyRide will be outgrown RF at about the same time as a Britax convertible.

The Pria is taller but has the 40" overall standing height limit for RF.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
IIRC, the MR is comparable to or a smidgen taller than the classic Britax. Triumph will get you about 1" on top of that and the Momentum a bit more yet -- .5" to an inch?

Syllieann

I tried ds in the MR in a store (so not installed) about a month after he outgrew the bv70 rf by height and he had also outgrown the my ride by height so for us <1 month difference.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I tried ds in the MR in a store (so not installed) about a month after he outgrew the bv70 rf by height and he had also outgrown the my ride by height so for us <1 month difference.

The My Ride gains a ton of room installed, though. It can literally be a difference of several inches.

djma

The myride will give a good bit of time over the new generation britax; maybe just a tad longer than the older generation britax. (this is my experience with my DD)

KaiLing

Ugh, but Momentum / Triumph / Pria all have to be at a single, rather reclined angle, right? So they're just the same trouble in terms of angle as a CA for an older ERF-er who's used to his britax? These people don't *need* a radian, just another couple of inches...

Brianna

My Triumph is at the required recline and takes up less room front-to-back than the MyRide when the MR is installed as upright as allowed.

gigi

My Triumph was great front to back too...the back is bowl shaped, not a long plank like the CA. I LOVED that seat RF. I think the great legroom lets the kid settle into the seat more, because my kid had an extra 1-2" in the EFTA vs the old style Boulevard in my car.

KaiLing

Huh, OK. I'm less concerned about front to back space in this case and more about older kid seeing out and being comfortable in both cars, but it sounds like the Evenflo seats aren't as extreme a situation as the 45 degree angle on the CA.

Brianna

Huh, OK. I'm less concerned about front to back space in this case and more about older kid seeing out and being comfortable in both cars, but it sounds like the Evenflo seats aren't as extreme a situation as the 45 degree angle on the CA.

Can you see my sig? That's with the line level to the ground. It's not even close to Dorel seats. He's quite comfortable :)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The leg room in the EFTA is phenomenal. I think leg room is as important as RF height when you're talking about an older kiddo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC