MyRide Harness Adjustment

karina250

I have a new style MyRide. I have been having issues adjusting the harness since I got it several months ago. Once the seat is installed in the car it is next to impossible to tighten the straps. Loosening them is no problem, but I cannot get them tight enough in when installed. I have to uninstall the seat tighten the straps way down and then once its installed slowly loosen them until I get them to where I need them to be but doing it that way makes it really hard to get them as tight as they should be. I have checked and while its installed nothing seems to be stopping the straps from adjusting. Any ideas to fix this? With our old style MyRide we never had this problem.

ADS

Brianna

Are you using the right loops for the harness slot you're on?
You're sure the feet for forward facing aren't catching the harness?
Is the stitching for the harness loops getting caught on the shell or other piece of the seat?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've had quite a few really irked parents and grandparents try to return these to the store where I work after they are fed up with the stuck straps :(. I really wish I knew a good solution, maybe call Graco?

karina250

I think I have everything correct. We are using the first slots and have them in the first harness loops. I have checked and checked and I cannot find anything that would be catching the straps.

I will have to call Graco later on. DH just took the car and it has the seats in it. I don't have the model and serial number off hand so I will have to wait until he gets home to look.

karina250

They are sending me a label and will issue a refund when they get the seat. Now Im trying to figure out what I can use for a seat in the mean time.

ETA: How do they decide on the price to refund? I don't have my receipt anymore so I'm just wondering. I should have asked them while I was on the phone with them but didn't think of it until now and now they are closed.

Brianna

That's good they're sending you a shipping label. Do you have a convertible from when your son was rear facing? I'm not sure how they issue a refund, I'd call back the next time they're open if I were you.

karina250

I'll have to call back on Monday then I guess.

I don't have a convertible left from him. We had a MR for him as well and then we were using it for her. Well the plastic on the crotch buckles cracked. I called Graco and they said they didn't recommend I use it but also wouldn't replace it or anything because it was out of its one year warranty, even thought it didnt expire for another 3 years. :( And they couldnt replace the buckles because it had the old style. They were supposed to send me a coupon so I could get a partial rebate on whatever new Graco seat I bought. Surprise, surprise I never got it, but I bought a new MyRide anyways. That was back in November.

I don't think I'm going to be getting a new MyRide this time. I probably won't even get a Graco seat.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I know Graco is offering you a refund, but I wanted to share a tip for tightening the My Ride, just in case you haven't tried it. I found that tightening the harness is easier when tightening before buckling the crotch buckle. I don't know why this trick works, but it also worked for our Radian.

lovemybabybug

Also try this ( someone here thaugh me this trick when I was having the same issues as you, a year later, still works everytime): put the kid in, do the chest clip, tighten it THEN buckle the crotch. It might take a few times for you to get the hang of it, but it works like a charm everytime. If someone hadn't told me that, the MR would have gone back to the store the day after I got it.

lovemybabybug

And the price thing, they will refund you whatever the cover is listed for on their website. They don't refund tax without a receipt. At least that's what I was told by one of the CS reps.

karina250

I will try those tricks and see if they work.

And the price thing, they will refund you whatever the cover is listed for on their website. They don't refund tax without a receipt. At least that's what I was told by one of the CS reps.

Well it originally came with a Mavo cover but I no longer have that cover.

karina250

Okay I went out and messed with it further. It has something to do with when DD sits in it. When she is not in the seat its fine, it adjusts fine. Once I set her in there you can pull and pull but it wont adjust. DH pulled it as hard as he could and he could barely get it adjusted. That doesn't make sense. :confused:

lovemybabybug

Yup, that's exactly what happens to mine. But it always works doing the chest clip first, tightening then the crotch buckles.

Little Ps Mama

Can you pull the slack out of the harness from the back of the seat and then tighten with the harness strap? I never tighten ours using the harness adjuster strap alone, it just doesn't work as well.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Okay I went out and messed with it further. It has something to do with when DD sits in it. When she is not in the seat its fine, it adjusts fine. Once I set her in there you can pull and pull but it wont adjust. DH pulled it as hard as he could and he could barely get it adjusted. That doesn't make sense. :confused:

I assumed that was the problem, that's how I've always known the seat to be. I've never figured out why seats do that (this is not the first, it's been happening with various brands for years, and it's like a mystery how it can be that way, since obviously the child isn't sitting ON the harness, how can their weight make it hard to tighten!?!?)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC