My Ride 65?

mburks26

is this easy to install at the proper recline with no towels or pool noodles? Will this get most kids to age 3 rf?

Its about time for a back up dh took the truck with dd2 headwise for a day and well i was stuck here couldn't go any where. She has hit the limits on her infant seat the onboard 35 by standing height i believe
Shes 26lbs and 30 to 31 inches tall as of Sept 17. She will be 13 months on Oct 14. She still a little below the top shoulder slot on the onboard so I though she would have a few inches left. The standing height limit is 30 right?

If I am going to do a back up then I need it to fit our lovey Civic. The headwise wont fit the bottom of the darn seats. It needs to fit others friends in laws etc.

I think the only choices I have are the Truefit and My Ride that will fit my 12 to 13 inch bucket seats

ADS

jgomez411

I've never had to use pool noodles or a towel to get the right recline with a Myride. I believe it will get the average child to 3 rearfacing. My daughter is 2y10m, 25 #, and 36ish inches and still has a few inches of growing room above her head. My DH keeps trying to get me to flip her but she prefers rfing an honestly my car, my rules anyways lol. I don't know what year Civic you have but my DH has a 2012 and it fits perfectly rearfacing in the center seat. We even took it on a 10 hr road trip a year ago and I was able to recline the passenger seat with no issues.
And the MR is honestly the easiest convertible to install :)

Brianna

It should be very easy to install rear facing and lasts all but the tallest of children to 3 RF. J outgrew it by height at 2 1/2, but he's over the 97th percentile for height and his torso is very long.

oliviacw

I found the MyRide very easy to install without a towel or pool noodle. My 2.5 year old loves her MyRide and the cup holders! She is of something above-average height and I am very comfortable that she will fit into it rear-facing until well past 3, if not all the way to 4.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My middle child is the epitome of average. She's always been 50-54% for height on the WHO charts. She made it in the MR until 4y8m. And still had about a half inch height growing room, maybe a bit less. She was 39-40 pounds clothed {around 50th percentile without clothing).

Kel

I've had 5 MRs. It's my favorite RFing seat! I also like it FFing in both my vans.

mburks26

My Civic is a 95. I tried dd2 in onboard and its too close for comfort how much room she has left over her head.

KatieGrace

The standing height is 32", so you may have a little while to figure out another back up seat.

Does this mean you can't use the seat RFing if you child is taller than 32"?? My son has a MR65 and is 33" and has a lot of room at the top of the shell. I just want to make sure he can still use the seat RFing.

koda&phiasmama

Does this mean you can't use the seat RFing if you child is taller than 32"?? My son has a MR65 and is 33" and has a lot of room at the top of the shell. I just want to make sure he can still use the seat RFing.

I believe she was talking about the height limit for the OPs current seat the onboard 35.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC