My review of the Graco Headwise 70 (pics w/my 9 1/2 and 3 1/2yo's).

zoecoltsmama

I completely agree. If you are looking to truely ERF with a larger child in my opinion a Radian is really the only option (just my very own opinion so no flaming please:p;)).

mind telling me more about why? sell it to me, i liked the one we just tried in the store, loved the fabric!

ADS

arly1983

mind telling me more about why? sell it to me, i liked the one we just tried in the store, loved the fabric!

Not the OP, but the radian is by far my favorite RFing seat.

Nice tall shell. 45 lb rfing limit with no standing height limit. No base for easy loading. Plenty of leg room and low sides on the seat so legs have plenty of room. Also the seat sits away from the back of the car's seat so giving even more room. Even with the wings, the kids view seems very unobstructed which helps keep them happier about rfing as they get older and nosier. ;) Nice long crotch strap and easy buckle. I love how padded it is in the bum area.

Aaannnd I love it FFing, too! I need something on a base for my 3-across but for actual use I really love the radian.

zactayaus

Nice tall shell. 45 lb rfing limit with no standing height limit. No base for easy loading. Plenty of leg room and low sides on the seat so legs have plenty of room. Also the seat sits away from the back of the car's seat so giving even more room. Even with the wings, the kids view seems very unobstructed which helps keep them happier about rfing as they get older and nosier. ;) Nice long crotch strap and easy buckle. I love how padded it is in the bum area.

Aaannnd I love it FFing, too! I need something on a base for my 3-across but for actual use I really love the radian.

Everything that Arly said exactly.

Getting my kid in the RXT RF'ing is a piece of cake. The awesome amount of leg room and low sides makes it super easy to buckle up the crotch buckle. If the HW was the only seat available to RF my 3y 9m old I'd turn him FF'ing because the fight to get him buckled in between the lack of leg room and short crotch strap would drive me insane.

SignCuer

Everything that Arly said exactly.

Getting my kid in the RXT RF'ing is a piece of cake. The awesome amount of leg room and low sides makes it super easy to buckle up the crotch buckle. If the HW was the only seat available to RF my 3y 9m old I'd turn him FF'ing because the fight to get him buckled in between the lack of leg room and short crotch strap would drive me insane.

It's funny because I don't think the same. I think it depends on the person though. I have no problem buckling, adjusting, and the leg room didn't bother me/the kids.

Is the crotch strap on the outer slot? Yes it is a bit short but not as bad as I thought. And most of the kids including N are boys.

zactayaus

It's funny because I don't think the same. I think it depends on the person though. I have no problem buckling, adjusting, and the leg room didn't bother me/the kids.

Is the crotch strap on the outer slot? Yes it is a bit short but not as bad as I thought. And most of the kids including N are boys.

The crotch buckle was on the outer slot. My kiddo has long legs (size 4t) with thick thighs so maybe that makes a difference. I can buckle him in the RXT without loosening the harness but with the HW I had to loosen the harness to get the straps up over his thighs to be able to get the crotch strap done up and then I had to retighten the harness. It's a moot point any way cause my kiddo weighs 40lbs, but maybe if we were using this seat RF it would get easier after using it day after day? Who knows.

Pixels

I just came across this as I was looking for more info on the Headwise.

Diono Radians have a 44 inch standing height limit for rear facing. SKJP Radians (discontinued for a while now) do not have that limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC