My endless stroller hunt

Auntie2Avi

Hey all. I've been crazy busy lately so I haven't been around but I need help stroller shopping. I currently watch a 16 month old boy a few days a week and I like having a stroller in my trunk for him so I don't have to bring his stroller up and down.

The strollers I have had before and don't want are:

Graco travel system way back in the day
Peg P3
Mac Volo
Baby Jogger City Mini
Quinny Modd (just sold)

Things I want in a stroller:

Smaller fold than Quinny, I don't mind the two step fold, but I have a small car and I don't want the stroller taking up the whole trunk.
Reversible seat if possible, but not 100% necessary at this point.
Smooth and easy push, I have wrist/hand issues.
Not tippy if I have my purse on the handles. It will be there all the time.
Not too popular. I live in the land of Bugaboo, Maclaren, Peg, etc. I liked the Quinny because no one else had it.
Price can go up to $450.
Stroller will mostly be used at the mall, park, sidewalks. I'm not a hiker.

Go shopping for me!

Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've decided I need a Mamas & Papas Urbo. It meets all your criteria except price ($50 over- you can definitely find it on sale for under the list price I'm sure- some BRUs carry it, but it's exempt from coupons, however they may have a floor model...) and my only quibble with it is the seat height.

The Mylo also is very nice, and there's one on CL in Huntington Beach for $250.

You may also like the Peg Perego Book (list price is $399) or Book Plus.

lolfish

There is also the Peg Four Switch, which has the reversible seat. I would check it out along with the Book Plus. I haven't seen the Book Plus in person but I would likely choose it for the one-handed push. Without that consideration the Four Switch seems really nice tho.

The switch four is flimsy... It sucks, I used it once and my regular 2008 Pliko is constructed much better plus it's far roomier. I got one NIB for $150 in Pois Black and sold it for just over $400 the next day so um, no hard feelings about the purchase.

The Book Plus is incredible. If I have a baby this year, that stroller is solely responsible.... I just got my hands on a pink one and it's amazing. The Plus sits up much higher than the Book and has a better push, for some season it also seems more solid. Olivia is 4 and has a TON of room in the 08 Pliko and more in the Book Plus, not nearly as much leg room in the regular Book and the shallow seat on the Switch Four is basically outgrown and uncomfortable, the canopy was too low too. She much prefers and sits better in the sling type seat of the Pliko rather than the small a firm one on the Switch Four... It was like she was falling off the edge and had nowhere for her feet... The regular Switch is a much better design.

The Book Plus seems to have it all so long as they release a snack tray... I really, really like it and I've owned every Peg model including the Skate and Uno. It's kind of like this is what the other models should have been!

Mercuria

That's weird. The Book Plus I got my hands on had a loosely goosey frame. I was seriously unimpressed. I wonder if someone abused it in store.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC