My almost 5 year old rear facing in the rxt.

ADS

creideamh

T turned 5 a few weeks ago and is RFing in my XTSL. Never thought a kid who has been in a backless booster/nothing for some amount of years would want to be RFing... and I didn't even have to bribe her :p

momtotwogirls

I was secretly hoping when I got our 80 that my almost 5 yr old would fit but nope her head sticks up over the shell about 1/2 in. My youngest (who the 80 is for) will definately fit until 5 though :)

gigi

My kid has almost the exact same stats (he's a little shorter I think) and his head is over the shell :( GIANT head LOL.

skylinphoto

My 5.5 yr old ds is shorter (36lbs and 42-43in tall) and doesn't fit rfing in our radian!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
My 6yo totally still fits ( I *think* I posted pics, I'll try to look them up). Oddly enough, she's almost outgrown the radian FFing too ( go figure)

jenfrogmom

Not sure how much of a difference it is but, I used the angle adjuster. He probably is at the 1.5" mark.

He threw his legs over the side of the seat, so he had lots of legroom. :)

T4K

I think big kids gained room in the Diono seats because the internal seating room is more.

Syllieann

Ooh, thank you! I'm really hoping to keep ds rf through next winter and he's 40" now so idk if we'll make it. We did gain a bit of room w/ the angle adjuster. I am just crossing my fingers that his legs will grow as much, or more, than his torso between now and then.

brightredmtn

My almost six-year-old still rides rear facing in his XTSL. He's never known any other way ;)

I've wondered if I will have the longest continually rear facing kiddo on the board? He's still got about 5lbs and an inch of torso room.

zactayaus

My not yet 3yo has about as much head room left as your 5yo. lol. I'm thinking one more growth spurt and our RF days are over.:(

CelestinoZ

I am so happy to see that many parents rear face their older children. I just wish more people knew how much safer children are rear facing.

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
Awesome! My baby is 4 today, still rear facing! I just installed his XTSL with the angle adjuster, and he gained some RF height. He may be able to stay RF to 5 or 6!

jenfrogmom

This is actually my youngest son's seat, P just lost a few pounds and could actually ride in it again. He absolutely loves the RXT!

mumof2

:)

my 4 year old asked to be turned back rearfacing. she had only been forward facing for 2 weeks. I though who I am to question her lol I did tell her if I turn her seat back she cannot change her mind.

she then told me she wants to face backwards forever lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC