My 6yo fits rfing in the nextfit

teekadog

I just think that's awesome because he's already outgrown the radian rfing AND the nextfit takes up less front-to-back room. He wants to flip back but he's just a hair's breadth under the limit... and he's 6yo ;)... so I'll leave him ffing. To be fair if I had added the angle adjuster to get a more upright angle he might have fit longer in the radian.

ADS

YinzerMama

Are you using the nextfit ff for him? I wonder how it works out ff in terms of comfort. I feel like there is a slight pushing forward of the head in this seat which would be more pronounced if ff. I keep meaning to install ff and have one of my girls test it out but it's too freaking cold here lately to remove and reinstall car seats recreationally!

One of my almost 6yos still fits rf as well. :)

I really think this seat possibly beats the radian for rf. It is just as tall without the persnickety headwings issue. So much easier to install, so much easier to adjust, and the cup holder doesn't fall off if you breathe wrong. The leg room is not as good but it works.

Keeyamah

It just needs a 45 or 50 pound limit for me, lol. What size clothes are your 6yr olds who still fit wearing? I'm just curious if Quinn could still fit by height, he's well over the weight limit.

YinzerMama

My daughter wears a 4t in most jeans except for old navy's girls jeans she wears a 5t, although 4t boys' fits. Weird. Shirts I tend to get x-small or 5 depending on how they are labled. Stretchy pants also xs or 5. She's def. in the lower half of sizes for her age, if you try to pick her out of her class.

We tend to claim she is 4 for resturaunt purposes. :whistle:

Keeyamah

Yeah....... Quinn is growing into 6's/smalls. He still fits in 5's but he is starting to outgrow them.

teekadog

Yup, fits in the nextfit but has outgrown the radian by height (no angle adjustor used, but is braced on 2nd row seat ONLY for pics). The nextfit is taking up significantly less front-to-back room.

Once he was over the new seat excitement he said he preferred the radian. More room in the shoulders and for his legs to spread out. But I think the difference is slight enough that I wouldn't suggest anyone write it off for that. I think a kid raised in this seat wouldn't know better. And some kids might prefer it. My oldest likes "cozy seats" but my 2nd hates them.

Attachments

• image-1280023546.jpg
    image-1280023546.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 100
  • image-561990350.jpg
    image-561990350.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 97

teekadog

Forgot to add he's super skinny. You know how a long-haired cat or dog looks when shaved down or soaking wet? He's that skinny.

Keeyamah

I have no idea what size he wears. Hand me downs lol. He weighs 40lbs and is 113cm tall.

Same height/ little taller than Quinn (unless he's grown since he was last measured) and 8lbs lighter, lol. So if it had a higher weight, he could still RF in it for a little while longer :).

bnsnyde

Wow, my 2.5 YO is close to outgrowing the Radian RF...he is very tall.
After this we'll go FF. I am hoping we make it to 3! He is almost as tall as his 4 YO brother.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC