MR and Radian...will they still puzzle with the AA?

lovemybabybug

I just bought a Radian (hasn't arrived yet) and I have always heard it puzzles well with the MR in the same direction because it goes right underneath the lip of the MR. I have had a Radian in my car before but the front seat will be totally unusable, so I figured it will work with the aa. BUT will it then interfere with the puzzling? Because if it does, then I just wasted my money :( the reason I got it is so I can do a three across in my car.

ADS

Pixels

Hmm, I don't know. It probably depends a lot on the vehicle, but in my car the MR had to be installed at 30 degrees in order to fit together. That was before the AA came out. If the Radian had been any more upright, it would have forced the MR more upright than what is allowed.

lovemybabybug

I guess I will wait till it gets here before I order the AA. When I had my friend's Radian I didn't try to brace it ( and I have learned since that Pontiac does allow bracing), so I am gonna try that. I will have to throw another seat in that mix, a MA, Scenera or Avenue. And one if them will most likely be FF, hopefully not the RN.

sharsachan

the AA doesnt effect our puzzling [thankfully!], but i'm sure the vehicle and angle of the seats could be deciding factors in any set up. we have a myride, radian and onboard35 together

P1010304.jpg

momtotwogirls

Probably depends on the car. Someone on my other board has a MR, RXT with an aa, and OB35 all rf in the 2nd row of a 99 durango.

^^ thats who I was talking about lol

lovemybabybug

the AA doesnt effect our puzzling [thankfully!], but i'm sure the vehicle and angle of the seats could be deciding factors in any set up. we have a myride, radian and onboard35 together

P1010304.jpg

Shara, thanks for the picture. It seems though as if the RN and the MR are right side to side, the RN doesn't go "under" the lip of the MR, does it? In my car I have exactly 18 inches on one side of the MR and 20ish on the other side, measuring from the MR's base to the edge if the vehicle's seat. So I probably could just fit the RN and the Avenue or each side right under the MR's "lip". Ugh, I wish there was some car seat warehouse that carried every single seat in the market so we just go and play musical seats until you find a combine that works for us! :D

sharsachan

the seat part of the Radian is just barely under the lip/side of the myride, mostly against the very bottom of it. it would fit so much better if we didnt have to use the RF boot lol... i'll try to get a side picture for you tonight of how the Radian and myride sit together

Pixels

In my car, there is much more puzzling than that. The entire side of the Radian goes under the MR, and the MR is touching/pressing against the outside of the headwing on the Radian. So if I push up on the Radian at all, the MR moves with it as a unit.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's really going to depend on the angle at which the seats installed at in the first place. If you have an upright-as-allowed MR with a Radian that's pretty reclined, the AA should be fine. If the RN is already pretty upright, you might have a problem.

BTW, RN+MR+Avenue, all RF, puzzles beautifully and should fit in the space you have. I don't know about turning one of them FF, though, that might be a no-go.

I will go out and play with my RN + MR and angle adjuster tomorrow; I have the morning off and had wanted to do that anyways. If I'd seen this thread earlier I could've done it this afternoon!

lovemybabybug

The RN is definitely not upright. I had to move the passanger seat all the way forward, not even a click back, that is so the Radian wouldn't touch it. When I had the Radian to play with I didn't know about bracing. I have photos of how the Radian installed in my car. But I I didn't have the MR while I had the RN so couldn't try them together.

lovemybabybug

This is the best one I have. I rotated it a little to level the car with the ground. The passenger seat is all the way forward and there's maybe 1/4 clearance between the RN and the vehicle's seat, the driver seat is all the way back. The MR installs outboard with the seat all the way but one click back, It can't go anymore forward than that or I won't fit ( 5' 9" 240+ lbs). IN the center I can move both driver and pas seats all the way back they the MR won't touch them. I could not get an acceptable install with the RN center.

Last edited:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If the MR clears the driver's seat, then I would say it's very likely you'll be able to still puzzle it with the RN, even with the angle adjuster. No guarantees of course, but I think it's likely.

lovemybabybug

Awesome, I hope so! I don't need to have all the seats in my car until may, so I guess my husband won't be able to ride in my car until I figure a way to make the RN more upright :) I will try bracing the RN to get some room upfront and try to puzzle them that way, if If it doesn't work, I will order the AA and maybe try MR ff, Avenue rf center and radian rf with AA. I really wanted the MR to go middle because that's how I will gain the most room width wise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC