Motorized Bicycles

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Unless there's something I don't understand, I believe that would fall under the definition of moped/motorized bike. Since there are no pedals, a driver's license is required.

That's very similar to the one I pictured.

soccer_widow

The sad thing is that all the neighbor kids zoom up and down the street on it, barefoot and not wearing helmets. They often have 2 or 3 kids piled on it, all while their parents are sitting in the driveway "supervising." Oh, and we have a police officer and sheriff's deputy living on the street whose kids join in the fun.:thumbsdown:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, well regardless of age requirements, helmets are a must for anyone under 18. (And required for motorized things over 18.) Passengers are illegal, too, it looks like.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
soccer_widow said:
The sad thing is that all the neighbor kids zoom up and down the street on it, barefoot and not wearing helmets. They often have 2 or 3 kids piled on it, all while their parents are sitting in the driveway "supervising." Oh, and we have a police officer and sheriff's deputy living on the street whose kids join in the fun.:thumbsdown:
Sad but not surprising. :(

Thanks for the rep J! I assume that was you...LOL...unnecessary but sweet! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
CTPDMom said:
Thanks for the rep J! I assume that was you...LOL...unnecessary but sweet! :)
LOL, you're just lucky the thread was in CMC at the time. It was my only option since I couldn't thank you :p

brooklynsmommy

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I honestly don't know.

I'm all about safety and stuff (obviously) but even I'm wondering if 16 and/or driver's license is a bit much for these.

Passenger? I don't know. I suppose it would depend a lot on who the driver was (adult vs another kid).

Helmet? I don't know. I'd probably go with whatever is legally required to drive it.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I was just at Toys R Us and looked at their motorized bike/scooter section. There was a rather hidden generic sign saying that the use of them might be restricted by law and people should check. I'm surprised--and yet not--that a toy store in California would sell those without any kind of notice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CassmirH

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2020 Carseat Media LLC