Question Most Narrow Combo Seat??

MomToMyMonkeys

I have 6 kids in a Honda Odyssey. I currently have the 4 month old, 23 month old, and almost 4 yr old all RF in the middle row, the 8 and 9 year olds are in LBBs in the 3 row with the 14 yr old next to them. Well, the oldest is squished and the almost 4 yr old is asking to turn FF, so I'd like to move her to the back next to the 2 LBBs.

To do this I need a narrow seat. It could be a combo seat or a convertible (I've got several kids I can pass seats down to!). She's tiny at 27 pounds and 34 inches tall. She will be 4 in May. She is currently RF in a Marathon and still fits FF in a Coccorro if that gives you an idea on her size.

I tried our Radian back there and I just can't get a good install with either LATCH or seatbelt. I bought a Harmony Defender and that fit ok in the space but I hated the short crotch buckle. What else can I try?? Budget is not an issue, I just need to find something that will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

mommy2girls

What year is your Odyssey? I currently have an '11 & previously had an '07. The radian can go ff outboard, but you definitely will have to use the seatbelt to make the most room for both boosters. You'll need to use the little recline boot on the radian (pop it down/out). Twist the belt stalk a couple of times before connecting the belt. Recline the seat back a bit, tighten the belt & put the seat back upright again. Attach your tether & you should be good to go.
I've never been able to get a good install in the 3rd row, middle. I imagine there is someone here who has & could tell you some tricks. I just got frustrated & gave up.

MomToMyMonkeys

My Odyssey is a '12. I tried and tried with the Radian 80 in every seating position, LATCH and seatbelt, and it seemed tight but then slid around at the bottom. I'll try again.

Right now the Radian is in the house sitting next to a Scenera. The 4 month old is in a Baby Trend Flex Loc, the almost 2 yr old is RF in a Cocorro, and the almost 4 yr old is RF in a Marathon G3. I also have a Frontier 85 in the garage. I just can't figure out how to puzzle what I've got to make it work.

MomToMyMonkeys

Too late :). I had a lady who works for me who had her almost 4 year old in a very much expired AOE so I gave it to her.

momtoo3

Have you tried the MA70 FF in the middle of the 2 boosters? That worked okay in our tight 3 across.

If you can get a hold of a MyRide, that worked even better FF between two boosters for us.

What boosters are you using?

ETA: I have FF Scenera in the middle of the 3 across in the back of my van (03 Caravan) that I can get a Complete Air and booster on either side of or two boosters.

MomToMyMonkeys

For LBBs we have:

Graco Turbobooster (2)
Harmony Literider (2)
Clek
Bubblebum

I hate the Scenera for everyday use even though it does fit. My thought has been to put a FF seat outboard passenger side and then 2 LBBs side by side so they buckle toward each other. I had a CCO in there and that worked, but I had to put it in with the seatbelt to allow enough room and the kid next to it kept unbuckling it by accident. I really need to find a way to get it in with LATCH so it doesn't get unbuckled.

Do you all think a MyRide in the middle would work with a LBB on either side?

momtoo3

Do you all think a MyRide in the middle would work with a LBB on either side?

I have no idea in an odyssey but it works like a dream in the third row of my caravan and also in the back of dh's small car. The MA70 works in the same spots but it is a bit harder to buckle.

momtoo3

Oh and for the unbuckling issue, I flip the buckle stalk so the release button is towards the carseat. That way it is way harder to accidentally unbuckle by the kid in the booster on that side.

JOII

We have a FF my ride center with a backless amp in one car and ff my ride center with two vivos in the other and it works perfectly. As for unbuckling I have heard you can cut a hole in a plastic cup then putt it on top of the female end then buckle the belt. It blocks from accidental unbuckling and doesn't interfere with installation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC