Question Most flexible seat

Rm2000hg

What car seat would you consider the most flexible? (ie. most likely to work for any age/size child & easy to switch between rf/ff and harness heights)

ADS

DogznKatz

I like the Evenflo Triumph. It has a no rethread harness. IF you can use LATCH for RF you can leave the lower anchors threaded for RF and just use the seatbelt and top tether to install FF.

Brianna

I really liked my Triumph, but the new ones have a 37" height limit RF. I would go with a Graco close- MySize, Size4Me, Contender- is the same basic seat with slightly different convenience features.

Lenae

I don't know how easy it is to switch from RF to FF, but I think the Graco 4ever would be your best bet for versatility. RF, FF, highback booster, backless booster. From what I can tell, it's a bit cumbersome in booster modes, but if that wasn't your dedicated booster, I think it's a really great option.

ceridwen

I second the 4ever. It's got some option for almost every kid through 5-step stage, though for particularly large kids you might not be able to have the most ideal option (some kids might outgrow the FF harness option prior to being fully booster ready for example). But it's easy to switch between FF and RF, installs easily in both directions, the no rethread harness makes moving the harness height around super quick, you can store the harness on the seat when converting to booster mode, it should fit most newborns reasonably well, etc.

That flexibility is why we chose to bring it on our recent flights across the country instead of our Radian. She was RF on the plane when it was possible, FF when RF didn't work, and I installed it in several different vehicles without an issue (including both seat belt and LATCH installs). You don't mention switching vehicles, but it also does pretty well in that regard since it's compact and allows decently wide recline range for RF.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Graco My Size or Headwise. They have LATCH for both RF and FF, and moving the headrest up and down is simple. Also much higher limits than the Triumph for both RF and FF, and it's lighter.

1mommy

One of the Britax Click tights would be probably easiest to unintall and reinstall in the other direction.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
One of the Britax Click tights would be probably easiest to unintall and reinstall in the other direction.

:yeahthatlove:

D'oh! So true! I don't know why this wasn't the first thing I thought of, probably my mind went straight to the lower priced options. CT's are dropping in price already, though, and are unbelievably easy to use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC