Moondoggy jackets and carseats. Good?

ADS

Xandra

It is okay to adjust the straps if its a fleece coat. Fleece will not compress in a crash, so it is just like regular clothing in that you adjust the straps to fit.

tmahanes

Are the Patagonia down sweaters okay in the car seat? They seem like they are very compressible in the store and that the straps would not have to be adjusted for it.

MotoMommaNH

It is okay to adjust the straps if its a fleece coat. Fleece will not compress in a crash, so it is just like regular clothing in that you adjust the straps to fit.

OK, I think I get it now. So if you have to adjust straps for fleece, its OK because we know fleece doesn't compress. But if you put baby in a seat with a "puffy" (Perrito,Moondoggy etc) coat and you have to adjust it's too puffy?

And from what the ladies on here are saying, I'm getting you really will not have to adjust the straps as they are thinner than they sound.

Mugsmom

How do the sizes on Perrito jackets run? I want one for DS, but he's big and I'm worried 4T would be too small. He wears a size 4/5 shirt.

Thanks for all the info, this is helpful!

Phineasmama

OK, I think I get it now. So if you have to adjust straps for fleece, its OK because we know fleece doesn't compress. But if you put baby in a seat with a "puffy" (Perrito,Moondoggy etc) coat and you have to adjust it's too puffy?

And from what the ladies on here are saying, I'm getting you really will not have to adjust the straps as they are thinner than they sound.

I don't really have to adjust the straps, it might be a little tighter to buckle but I don't have to loosen when they're wearing the jackets.

Phineasmama

How do the sizes on Perrito jackets run? I want one for DS, but he's big and I'm worried 4T would be too small. He wears a size 4/5 shirt.

Thanks for all the info, this is helpful!

True to size IME, my son wears 3T shirts and has a 3T jacket, fits him perfectly. DD2 has an 18-24 month and she is in 18-24 or 2T.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
All three of mine have the Moondoggy and they are awesome. They compress down to nothing--I do not adjust DS's straps at all (the girls are both in boosters). Very warm, too. The kids were out for 3 hours in -25*F weather the other day and were comfy.

Lenae

Sassy has a Moondoggy jacket too. Very warm, and I adjust the straps less than if she's wearing a sweatshirt or fleece. I can take pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

I took a few pictures since Sassy's seat was already in the house. First picture is straps adjusted normally. Second is a Lands End 200 weight fleece, no strap adjustment. Third is Moondoggy jacket, no strap adjustment.

Attachments

• image-4291411732.jpg
    image-4291411732.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 32
  • image-4260700886.jpg
    image-4260700886.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image-2804174332.jpg
    image-2804174332.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Phineasmama

Look online in the spring and summer, they will normally clearance out this seasons colors, I always buy on clearance for next winter :)

Chila88

I've been using Perrito's and Moondoggy's for 2 years now and just bought DD1 hers for next year. I had no idea so many people used them on this site, but in my climate I'm just not comfortable not using a coat, and they've been the perfect solution!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC