Mifold booster

ADS

sumroy

Hi - I am Jon the inventor of mifold (the guy with the English accent). Thank you so much for starting this discussion. I have been following car-seat.org since we established carFoldio Ltd. to develop mifold and benign it to market. We have great respect for the industry experts like yourselves who are focussed on keeping children safe in cars.

As you can tell, we just came out of 'stealth' mode. We have been overwhelmed by the interest and feedback from the first 48-hours. Clearly we have identified the right opportunity: parents and kids are looking for something compact, portable, comfortable and easy to use on those occasions that a regular booster seat is not available.

I came up with the idea for mifold many years ago, when my kids were small and we were really struggling with the carpooling, taxis, rentals, vacations, grandparents etc. And not to mention older kids that do not want to appear babyish to their larger friends who have already graduated out of boosters.

I will be very happy to engage with you all; your insight and experience is valuable.

We've read all your comments and questions and plan to answer them today or tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

Jon S

teekadog

When car seat manufacturers post on cso it's like when your secret crush says "hi" just to you (swoon)

Sumroy, I'm impressed by your thinking outside the box and hope the end result is successful!
Posted via Mobile Device

aporthole

I love the look and concept! Tweaking the lap fit a bit will definitely have me lined up to get one. The idea is truly genius.

2BunniesMommy

When car seat manufacturers post on cso it's like when your secret crush says "hi" just to you (swoon)

Sumroy, I'm impressed by your thinking outside the box and hope the end result is successful!
Posted via Mobile Device

I love the look and concept! Tweaking the lap fit a bit will definitely have me lined up to get one. The idea is truly genius.

:yeahthatlove:
I have to agree with the above and look forward to hearing more from you. Thanks so much for coming to the forum.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hi, Jon! Welcome to car-seat.org!

Thanks for joining us and being open to our questions and comments. :)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Welcome to car-seat.org!! I am so glad you are here.

This looks like a GREAT concept. I do have concerns about its safety in the form that we're seeing in the pictures, but I think the potential problems are solvable.

If the final design is proven to be safe and it comes to the US market, you've definitely got a customer in me. :)

I love seeing competition in the market. The Bubble Bum is a good idea too, and I love that this product fills the same need but in a very different way. Options are so good to have, as what works for one family/child/vehicle simply won't always work for another one.

lgenne

I love seeing competition in the market. The Bubble Bum is a good idea too, and I love that this product fills the same need but in a very different way. Options are so good to have, as what works for one family/child/vehicle simply won't always work for another one.

This! And the MiFold looks so much more comfortable than the Bubble Bum!

Welcome, please stick around!

Morganthe

Hi Jon, Welcome :)

I would have killed for that type of seat when I was pregnant. No matter what I did, lap belt climbed up belly as I drove. Heck, even now, I'd love to have something like you've designed since so many vehicle belts like to cross my neck & don't want to stay on the hips.

So maybe you can do it in bigger sizes eventually? :whistle:

griffinej5

I don't typically transport a booster age child (will in a few years though when my niece is a bit older). As long as it wasn't a fortune, I'd probably grab one to keep in my car just in case if it would provide a decent belt fit for most kids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC